Nizo 6080

Gencer Hassan

The other day i decided to clean my Nizo 6080, this kind of went to plan apart from when i opened the casing the switch for day light/tungsten dropped off before i had chance to note what position it was originally in. I've taken a picture with the switch set to tungsten (up position) and noticed that a filter has engaged is this correct ? Or should the filter be engaged when the switch is set to day light ?

nizo6080.jpg

Thanks

Gencer

ps Dont ask why i opened that bit ;)

The other day i decided to clean my Nizo 6080, this kind of went to plan apart from when i opened the casing the switch for day light/tungsten dropped off before i had chance to note what position it was originally in. I've taken a picture with the switch set to tungsten (up position) and noticed that a filter has engaged is this correct ? Or should the filter be engaged when the switch is set to day light ?

I don't have a 6080 but the filter system is common to all super 8 cameras...

There is an orange (85) filter that should be engaged when the switch is set to daylight.

This is because super 8 film has traditionally been tungsten balanced film: e.g. K40 (40 ASA for Tungsten shooting, effective 25 ASA with the filter for daylight shooting).

Edited by jacob thomas

Thanks Jacob, after reading that post and re-taking a look at the camera all made sense. Its a fairly simple switch on the 6080, and when its set to daylight the filter drops in front of the lens. When the switch is moved to tungsten it moves a small spring upwards which in turn moves the filter away from the lens.

nizo6080-2.jpg

This picture shows the filter set to the daylight position, where as in the previous image the switch was in the tungsten position.

I can now go on my road trip happily knowing that my filter switch works :rolleyes: