Who has a RED and whens it going to be here?

Marc Shap

Hi, Im shooting a feauture in Sept/Oct and was curious if anyone will have a RED by then. let me know if you have any info on the soonest availabilty of a RED, from a camera house or private owner. There is pay for the rental.

Thanks

marc

Hi, Im shooting a feauture in Sept/Oct and was curious if anyone will have a RED by then. let me know if you have any info on the soonest availabilty of a RED, from a camera house or private owner. There is pay for the rental.

You're asking a question that currently has no answer. When Reds start shipping then people might know when they'll have them. Hopefully that will happen next month, but nothing is set in stone. It's probably not very smart to base future production plans on speculation. If you need to shoot something soon, you would do well to consider equipment that is already available.

You're asking a question that currently has no answer. When Reds start shipping then people might know when they'll have them. Hopefully that will happen next month, but nothing is set in stone. It's probably not very smart to base future production plans on speculation. If you need to shoot something soon, you would do well to consider equipment that is already available.

yeah I understand that 100%, i think the production company is all about this RED, and it seems like a good choice for the script, but I agreecompletly, I could shoot with other cameras that are readily available....Thanks though.

marc

yeah I understand that 100%, i think the production company is all about this RED, and it seems like a good choice for the script, but I agreecompletly, I could shoot with other cameras that are readily available....Thanks though.

marc

We have Red #249 and expect shipment towards end of October if that helps...

Right now, the few existing Red Cameras are used to shoot Steven Soderberghs Guerillia (Franka Potente, Benicio Del Toro) and Timur Bekmambetovs Wanted (James McAvoy, Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman, Thomas Kretschmann).

Red aims to deliver the first 50 serial units this month.

For 2007 they plan to deliver ~1200 units, which is approximatly half of their orderbook (pre-ibc, pre-delivery).

According to Mr. Jannard, the camera production schedule:

Serial numbers 1-50 August 30th (50 units)

Serial numbers 51-100 September 15th (50 units)

Serial numbers 101-300 October 10th (200 units)

Serial numbers 301- 700 November 10th (400 units)

Serial numbers 701- 1200 December 10th (500 units)

Serial numbers 1201- 1700 January 10th (500 units)

Serial numbers 1701- 2200 February 10th (500 units)

Serial numbers 2201- 2700 March 10th (500 units)

Serial numbers 2701- 3400 April 10th (700 units)

Serial numbers 3401- 4100 May 10th (700 units)

However, one shouldn´t be surprised if that schedule slips a few weeks or even months.

Mass production can reveal manufacturing issues which could slow down delivery.

In the USA, Gibby has very early reds, i think #8.

In the EU, Ludwig in Munich has the first 5 (out of 10 iirc) coming in the ~90-130 batch (iirc as well).

Be aware that

a - not -all- features will be in the first shipping cameras software and they will be upgraded in field. so, if you plan to shoot overcranked 100p or used the 4 channel audio - ask if they are already available in your shooting schedule.

b - It is fully possible that red rental fees now, will not be as inexpensive as they probably will be in long run. If you want to get pricing and delivery dates, i would go to the user site reduser.net, where most of the reservation holders are reading on a daily/weekly basis.

We have 3 coming - but a little bit to late for your schedule.

"However, one shouldn´t be surprised if that schedule slips a few weeks or even months. "

Or even years.

I wasn't planning on being surprised actually.

Does anybody else here think there's something about this whole deal that doesn't smell right?

Here we are, two weeks away from the first delivery deadline, and there's hardly a peep from RED.com about how this is going.

Meanwhile the LART tests have been mysteriously postponed for no adequately explained reason. (Yes they gave a reason, I don't think it's adequate:-) Meanwhile, they've been passing the hat around to raise money to the food they expect to consume. I mean for f*ck's sake; you'd think Jannard would spring for a bit of food after all the slobbering support those pathetic prats have given him! Meanwhile, discussion of the subject of delivery seems to have mysteriously evaporated on reduser.net. All they seem to do now is misquote and generally bash this forum for having the temerity to point out that most of the reduser regulars wouldn't know a sprocket hole from their arsehole. :lol:

I wish I knew the answer.

But I'm not going to get it from anyone here, just a lot of unfounded speculation from a lot of mysterious posters.

The whole thing is just ... weird.

Oh well, what's another two weeks....

With or without respect (I'm not sure)

Carl

There no way RED is going to be shipping this month. That i guarantee. I have not even seen any pictures of it other than CAD drawings. That tells me they are not even close.

Edited by AdamBray

There no way RED is going to be shipping this month. That i guarantee. I have not even seen any pictures of it other than CAD drawings. That tells me they are not even close.

Exactly what do you guarantee?

the first batch of cameras will be going out august 31st

"However, one shouldn´t be surprised if that schedule slips a few weeks or even months. "

Or even years.

I wasn't planning on being surprised actually.

Does anybody else here think there's something about this whole deal that doesn't smell right?

Here we are, two weeks away from the first delivery deadline, and there's hardly a peep from RED.com about how this is going.

Meanwhile the LART tests have been mysteriously postponed for no adequately explained reason. (Yes they gave a reason, I don't think it's adequate:-) Meanwhile, they've been passing the hat around to raise money to the food they expect to consume. I mean for f*ck's sake; you'd think Jannard would spring for a bit of food after all the slobbering support those pathetic prats have given him! Meanwhile, discussion of the subject of delivery seems to have mysteriously evaporated on reduser.net. All they seem to do now is misquote and generally bash this forum for having the temerity to point out that most of the reduser regulars wouldn't know a sprocket hole from their arsehole. :lol:

I wish I knew the answer.

But I'm not going to get it from anyone here, just a lot of unfounded speculation from a lot of mysterious posters.

The whole thing is just ... weird.

Oh well, what's another two weeks....

Carl

First off, We are shipping the first batch august 31st.

We are completely swamped here and really dont have alot of time to be all over the web announcing our daily doings.

Have you read what "LART" is?

Its a PRIVATE test of our camera being done by some of the first redservation holders.. It is in no way affiliated by RED other than the fact that they have purchased our cameras and will be doing private field testing.

Just wanted to clear those things up.. Otherwise.. sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

Next couple weeks will be very exciting:)

Edited by zakaree

I mean for f*ck's sake; you'd think Jannard would spring for a bit of food after all the slobbering support those pathetic prats have given him!

Right... so you could turn around and declare the LART tests invalid because Jim bankrolled the thing.

No one's asking you to like what RED is doing, but if you're going to attack for the sake of attacking, you might want to at least make sure that your propositions make sense. Funny, too, that you love to ridicule those who post on reduser (you've devolved to name calling, now - that's classy!), yet you obviously spend enough time there to keep up on the daily happenings. Time to come out of the closet, me thinks...

I have not even seen any pictures of it other than CAD drawings. That tells me they are not even close.

The main photograph on the front page of red.com is just that - a photograph, not a render.

9 days to be precise, and Steven Soderbergh and Timur Bekmambetovs are already shooting on the pre-series reds.

Meanwhile the LART tests have been mysteriously postponed for no adequately explained reason. (Yes they gave a reason, I don't think it's adequate:-)

You might ask Mr. David Mullen about details, as he is part or the LART-tests.

I mean for f*ck's sake; you'd think Jannard would spring for a bit of food after all the slobbering support those pathetic prats have given him!

If you suffer from tourette syndrome, then pardon me asking, but have you ever considered Anger Management?

Meanwhile, discussion of the subject of delivery seems to have mysteriously evaporated on reduser.net.

I am not certain if you have difficulties reading, however, there are 5 threads regarding delivery, payment etc on the first page alone.

Carl

I would say that you obviously try to express no respect.

• Premium Member

Hi Zakaree,

Congratulations on joining the Red Team.

Hi Everyone else,

Can we avoid getting personal. It looks like Red will be delivering cameras very shortly so please everybody be patient, it's a very exciting time.

Stephen