Kodak Super8 MIA?!?

Kevin Olmsted

Hey guys, since I'm a casual (but avid, I shoot about 3 carts a month) Super8er maybe I missed out on some news.

I went to Kodak's website (as I do about once a month) and couldn't find any references to Super 8 film. Their 'cinematography' section is now called 'cinema & television' and I couldn't find any references to Super 8. Not in the product catalog and a search only turned up one link which went to the 'History Of Kodak' section. All the Super 8 resources seem to have disappeared...

Am I panicking for no reason and missing something or is there news about Super 8 I missed?

Worried hobbyist,

Kevin

• Premium Member
Hey guys, since I'm a casual (but avid, I shoot about 3 carts a month) Super8er maybe I missed out on some news.

I went to Kodak's website (as I do about once a month) and couldn't find any references to Super 8 film. Their 'cinematography' section is now called 'cinema & television' and I couldn't find any references to Super 8. Not in the product catalog and a search only turned up one link which went to the 'History Of Kodak' section. All the Super 8 resources seem to have disappeared...

Am I panicking for no reason and missing something or is there news about Super 8 I missed?

Worried hobbyist,

Kevin

Hey Kevin. Earlier this year I submitted old Kodak super-8 links that no longer were working to someone at Kodak and those links were updated so they redirected to the current working link. If you know of older Kodak super-8 links that used to work and no longer work you can PM the non-working link addresses to me and I'll forward them to Kodak and they can put redirects to the correct new link addresses.

The more internet hits that Kodak film products get, the better for us filmmakers.