Canon 1014 XLS value?

Chris Graham

I have a great condition 1014. I can post pictures shortly. Truthfully, and sorry, but I'm selling out to the digital trend. Maybe the next time I do get an S8 I'll want it already modified anamorphic style, like from Max8. I've enjoyed this camera. I will try and post my last piece on youtube and link. I'm really trying to get a camera that's 4:2:2, and he HVx200 seems to be the one. Anybody interested in buying this camera from? I'll try and find the original box. Thanks oh btw, has anybody done any new transfer to uncompressed media drives? never got around to testing out that 10-bit protocol

• Premium Member
I have a great condition 1014. I can post pictures shortly. Truthfully, and sorry, but I'm selling out to the digital trend. Maybe the next time I do get an S8 I'll want it already modified anamorphic style, like from Max8. I've enjoyed this camera. I will try and post my last piece on youtube and link. I'm really trying to get a camera that's 4:2:2, and he HVx200 seems to be the one. Anybody interested in buying this camera from? I'll try and find the original box. Thanks oh btw, has anybody done any new transfer to uncompressed media drives? never got around to testing out that 10-bit protocol

I'm sorry to hear that you are selling out beautiful Super 8 to go to digital. I dont blame you though, since the workflow is much easier going from Digital-2digital. I wish I had the money right now to purchase your 1014, as that is one of the best S8 cameras out there, IMHO.

When I see fellows like you turning away from film, it makes me realize that the reality is that film is dying. I think Ill go down with the ship however, as the look of film is just too majestic to me. I hope that Kodak, Fuji, and Pro8 don't pull the rug out from under me by discontinuing S8. Good luck in your digital endeavors.

thanks for the replies. Will contact you Nick. btw, i'm based in NYC. reasons why i wanted to keep it:

1.) yeah the only reason I really wanted to keep this camera was to do music videos for this new trend of indie bands going retro with influences from Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Flock of Seagulls, etc.. lol somewhat of the "new" New Wave and Synth pop rebirths. seriously, it's there! lots of artists/groups like to go old school, and surely a retrend happens within a lot of art cultures. however, never got around to it.

2.) i'm a big fan of B&W. i love it! i was trying to do a project based on 50's Japanese Samurai cinema. I wanted to use this HiCon B&W stock from Pro8mm. the contrast and detail is incredible! never got around to that as I would only shoot in Japan, or travel and scout on the north western part of the states, perhaps Canada to be even more accurate. then again, I just don't have the time. =(

3.) S8 is perfect for small frame mediums! people don't understand this. we're in a new era of small frame entertainment. think iPod Video, Phones. S8 when squeezed into a small frame would look lovely in my opinion as it doesn't have to worry about blow up criticism and comparison vs. the norm.

however, I'm also an avid fan of great cinematic long shots. I'm talking Dances With Wolves esque, and storyline. for some crazy reason I've gone to love Westerns. I honestly think it's the American in me and appreciation for the states. I had to do several road trips to the western states to appreciate or be aware of it. Therefore, I can now enjoy instant benefit with 16:9 and 4:2:2 with ease. With powerful digital effects nowadays it's more than enough to achieve a certain look. Then hopefully I can better my portfolio for future and bigger projects as a Director. thanks for reading my circumstance =)

please shoot me an offer via PM if interested. gracias

Edited by Chris Graham

Thanks Mr. Machi. Actually someone send me a heartwarmth message on why I shouldN'T sell the camera :)'''

Basically saying that I should still continue with those ideas for S8. i'm now confused and undecided. regardless if the person is an S8 purist he provided good feedback! arghh

Edited by Chris Graham