52 and 600 at the same time?

Well, to be honest, I don't really know about shooting. My first post was out of curiosity, the "legalities" of the unions... and my heart knows that it loves gripping, and this is what I see myself doing for the foreseeable future.

Hey Dan

I thought you mentioned something about shooting in the future in your first post.

Best

Tim

Edited by timHealy

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. Lots of valuable information there. I don?t know why, but I guess for some reason I was under the wrong impression that, although teamsters drove the trucks of course, a separate entity was in charge of the gennies (maybe I was confusing how things were done in LA). I now know that 52 is responsible for that as well.

I thought you mentioned something about shooting in the future in your first post.

Yes, this was something I mentioned. Really, it was to get an idea of the workings of the two unions, and how they relate to each other. I do have an interest in shooting, but right now, I consider myself a grip, a professional one at that (hell, it?s how I pay my rent) and that?s what I love doing. I?d rather this not become a thread about which union I should join. That was never my intention. I created it to get information, and to help my understanding of the inner workings of 52 (and 600, to a lesser extent). The information that you, Frank, Joe and others have given me is invaluable, and I thank you for that. In time, yes, it may turn out that I want to end up shooting. At that time, that?s where my focus may lead. Right now though, it has become frustrating because I want to do what I love, and I?ve had to turn down several jobs, very desirable jobs, because I am not an IATSE member. If posting on this board can help give me both information and confidence in terms of allowing me someday to become a member and do what I love to do, then that is all I ask, and I will be happy with that. You will, undeniably, be a part of that, and for that, you have my utmost respect.

-DW