Super 16mm Fisheye for A-Cam, Milliken, 1VN

brentfinley

• Premium Member

Hi there,

I have developed a super 16mm Fisheye (approx 5.3mm)

I originally did it for my Super 16 conversion of the Photo-Sonics 1VN, but it fits the A-cam (stock camera, not the reflex conversion by Duall)

If you want a SUPER 16mm lens (truly covers super 16mm) that is nice and sharp, and C-mount... see this snowboard footage by one of my customers:

www.brentfinley.com/images/cine/s16fish/ for pics and sample footage.

The first CLIP is NOT the s16 fish... it's a century shot on double perf and cropped in. The 2nd and 3rd clip are with the s16 fish which is approximately 5.3mm fisheye.

This c-mount lens will not fit on many cameras because it has a protruding rear element. So you can use it on:

S16 Photo-sonics 1VN

S16 Ikonoskop A-Cam

S16 Milliken (with minor custom shutter machining to prevent crashing)

Email me with any questions.

Brent Finley

brent@brentfinley.com

• Premium Member
I saw your pics and was wondering about how you made the 1VN Super16? did you remove the second pulldown and reg pins? Nice looking stuff BTW...

-Rob-

Thanks for the compliment.

Here's the scoop on the 1VN

- I cut one pulldown

- Shorten one reg pin til it doesn't touch film (the pins are all needed to keep the reg pins running in the bushings... you can't really "remove" one)

- lathe off the uneeded teeth.

- Add extra guide pins in the film path to avoid film "yaw" and rattle and to assiste in locating the perf exactly where the reg pin comes in (or else it can get damaged and break film). Some of the stock guides in 1VN mags are not close enough tolerance for single perf induced sideways motion and they break film

- Remachine an entirely new replacement front from 7075 aircraft aluminum with the lens moved over 1 mm.

- EDM the gate width to match the super 16mm frame.

- Fill in the reg pin gap in the gate to avoid double exposure

then scratch test, clean, lube...

I have many surf customers... and the Burton Snowboard shooter ... and matchstick productions (skimovie.com) used it on their Seven Sunny Days dvd just premiering. They used it in the Wingsuit base jump footage. it's cool!