35mm Kodak 5229 Vision2 400' for sale

Sean McHenry

I fell into, legally, a somewhat sizable amount of 35mm Kodak 5229 Vision 2 Expression stock. One can is a recan but seems to be all there per the numbers on the can and on the tape left by the Camera Op. I have a second can on Ebay right now, with more to come that is unopened and has been refrigerated since it was used on the shoot just over a year ago.

I shoot 16mm and am selling this off to get a supply of 16 in house for my projects.

If anyone is interested, it's starting super low on Ebay. I didn't think to post here first for some reason. Details can be found on Ebay at these item numbers:

Recan roll - 200161355286

Sealed roll - 200161360264

I have other rolls from the same case available if anyone is interested. I didn't list them all on Ebay yet. These are current stock and listed at places like Film Emporium going for .58 per foot. (400'=$232)

Please feel free to e-mail me at mchenryproj@yahoo.com if you have direct questions because I don't get over here as often as I would like these days. I didn't buy the stock, I didn't use the stock and wasn't part of the project so all I can tell you is it has been kept cold and in the original Kodak case since the shoot in June 2006.

Thanks,

Sean

Edited by Sean McHenry

• Premium Member
If anyone is interested, it's starting super low on Ebay.

Sean,

It's not starting super low, you have a reserve on it. That's bogus. List it for the minimum you'll take for it and stop playing games. Reserve auctions are completely bogus.

-Tim

Sean,

It's not starting super low, you have a reserve on it. That's bogus. List it for the minimum you'll take for it and stop playing games. Reserve auctions are completely bogus.

-Tim

So I suppose this means you aren't interested? Thanks for the advice. It is starting super low. Value of the film retail is $232 at one film retailer. I am asking I think $45 for the reserve on the one and less on the other (as I recall). It's not bogus but it is advertising. It gets people to stop and look at what you have. I suppose I agree in concept and it could be irritating, as I see in your tone you seem irritated to me. Too bad - life is short - be happy, shoot film. I don't normally list things that way, but it is an accepted practice. I'll try to refrain from using all the tools provided for my use next time.

Besides, I have more and it isn't listed yet. Make me an offer, or not. This board is for listing items, not arguing about it. I listed.

S.

Edited by Sean McHenry

• Premium Member
So I suppose this means you aren't interested? Thanks for the advice. It is starting super low. Value of the film retail is $232 at one film retailer. I am asking I think $45 for the reserve on the one and less on the other (as I recall). It's not bogus but it is advertising. It gets people to stop and look at what you have. I suppose I agree in concept and it could be irritating, as I see in your tone you seem irritated to me. Too bad - life is short - be happy, shoot film. I don't normally list things that way, but it is an accepted practice. I'll try to refrain from using all the tools provided for my use next time.

Besides, I have more and it isn't listed yet. Make me an offer, or not. This board is for listing items, not arguing about it. I listed.

S.

Sean,

I was interested and I went to the auction to bid on it. Then I saw the "Reserve Not Met" and realized you were playng games. You're right, "life is short", too short to play games on eBay auctions.

-Tim

Sean,

I was interested and I went to the auction to bid on it. Then I saw the "Reserve Not Met" and realized you were playng games. You're right, "life is short", too short to play games on eBay auctions.

-Tim

I guess just putting in what you were willing to pay is too much trouble then? Ah well. Someone will buy it I'm sure.

S.