Any News Regarding Kodaks next film improvement move?

John Adolfi

• Premium Member
Just wondering if we will see a Vision3 anytime soon? Or some-other improvement in developing technology? Any rumors?

The rumors are that there will be a new 500T stock called 5219 that is not dramatically better than 5218 if you just contact print it, but scans better to digital than does 5218 in terms of noise, detail, etc. That's the only rumor I've heard.

The rumors are that there will be a new 500T stock called 5219 that is not dramatically better than 5218 if you just contact print it, but scans better to digital than does 5218 in terms of noise, detail, etc. That's the only rumor I've heard.

Wow, thats a very specific rumor. Now where's a 800T V2...

• 3 weeks later...
Or some-other improvement in developing technology? Any rumors?

I hear they've come up with this new silver halide that costs one hundreth of what the current formula costs, and it requires just three dips to develop it: Bath one is dishwashing detergent, bath two is clorox, bath three is vinegar and a pinch of kosher salt which acts as an instant drying agent.

The resolution is said to be twice the original silver halide stuff, but if you want to add the old grain all you need to do is bake it for five minutes at 100 degrees.

And the catch is this, if you don't like the footage you shot on it, apparently the formula is harmless to dogs and gerbils, so you can feed it to them.

:lol: okay that was immature, but I'll allow myself to do it once

Honestly I'm amazed how fast they come out with new stocks these days. I've never seen such a fast turnaround rate.

Edited by GeorgeSelinsky

• 2 weeks later...
And the catch is this, if you don't like the footage you shot on it, apparently the formula is harmless to dogs and gerbils, so you can feed it to them.

Really? I heard it was erasable. Just run it through the processor backwards and get undeveloped stock! :lol: