Lowel Pro light

In the school I work for, we have about a dozen Lowel Pro light and we have a very high rate of bulb failure with this unit. We use the recommended GCA 120V 250W bulb and we make sure that the pins are well inserted into the socket all the way, but we still get only a few hours of use if we're lucky. The bulb is rated for 100 hours. We use Osrams.

Has anyone experienced the same failure or has anyone heard of any particular issues with this unit or its bulbs? We are considering pulling them out of circulation because they are just too expensive to operate like this.

Many thanks.

Jean-Louis

• Premium Member
In the school I work for, we have about a dozen Lowel Pro light and we have a very high rate of bulb failure with this unit. We use the recommended GCA 120V 250W bulb and we make sure that the pins are well inserted into the socket all the way, but we still get only a few hours of use if we're lucky. The bulb is rated for 100 hours. We use Osrams.

Bonjour Jean,

do you move them much? When hot? Or do you just switch them on and leave them on? Smaller bulbs break really easy when put down carelessly when hot. Second thing would be to look for dirt in the contacts. Clean them and use WD-40 on the metal parts. Then measure the voltage that reaches the lamp. Lamps can burn quickly when the voltage is either too low or too high.

I don't have any Lowel lights so far, but bought two off ebay just the other day. No Pro lights tough. If you do sell them, how much would you ask for one? I'm looking to purchase some. Send me a pm or mail.

Salut, David