Pac-lab in NY still selling/processing 16mm colour reversal?

jon lawrence

I was browsing the internet to see if I could find any of the now discontinued Ektachrome stocks and found that Pac-Lab in NY is still selling them. I'm guessing that they either haven't updated their website in a while or they are selling out of date stock. Any one know what the deal is?

Thanks,

Jon

• Premium Member

I'm not positive on this, but my feeling is they don't sell it anymore. My school starts everyone shooting reversal on a Bolex, and I think before I got there, they used to have us shoot on color reversal, but I seem to remember hearing that because it wasn't really sold anymore, we now just use B&W. In any case we do business through Paclab, so I know they at least deal with B&W reversal, but not positive about the color.

But again I could be mistaken.

• 3 weeks later...
I recently purchased some color reversal from kodak and was able to have it processed Dwayne's in Kansas.

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/newsite2006/mo...ektachrome.html

The OP is referring to the old VNF stocks which were discontinued a few years ago. So 7285, which you used, is all that's now available, but it uses the E6 process which is generally more expensive to run.