Selling Sennheisier ME66/ K6 / Rycote 18cm softie (E.U)

David Chia

Selling my Sennheisier Set ME66 with K6 with Rycote 18cm softie.

The set is in good working condition, no dents, always inside the softie.

selling for 360 euros for the whole set. shipping is free within Germany. E.U buyers pays 10 euros more for registered shipping. Pick in Munich Germany is welcome

Paypal only or bank transfer within Germany.

Contact me at davidchiaemail@yahoo.com

post-29703-1196839405.jpg

• Premium Member

I own that mike. It's pretty good. Some people have stated on other forums that other microphones similarly priced with better isolation and better frequency response. However, when shooting in crowded areas it becomes a tricky issue just how much isolation one wants. Too much isolation and the interview can actually sound fake. On the other hand, who wants to hear other conversations in the background. I have been satisfied with the automatic mix of localized sound to surrounding sound that it provides. This microphone also works fine as a voice over microphone. I did a comparison between a wireless lavalier sennheiser and this microphone on my camera from about 4 feet away. The wireless lavalier had a cleaner sound to it, although I was using an aftermarket microphone head that cost a couple of hundred dollars more than the one that came with the lavalier.

What I like about this microphone is it runs off of one double AA battery that resides inside the microphone itself, which means it doesn't need phantom power, that is a very useful feature to have. I find the microphone to be very sensitive so usually I have to pad the microphone down to -50 or even -40 from the -60 many recording devices use as a default, especially for louder environments. For instance, when shooting a live band performance or in an environment with really loud amplification, -10 to -20 XLR pad is what I would use to prevent sound from clipping.

If I understand correctly, you are selling the everything for half of what it sells new??

I think the softie costs over a 150 dollars and the mount must be at least 50-75 bucks and the the two components for the microphone sell for over 500 bucks new??? Would it be fair to say all told new your package would sell for around 750 dollars or more?