Hvx200&fs-100

Kerem

Hi everyone.I have a problem with filming 50fps on hvx200.I bought a new DTE Fs100 to record HD media but i couldnt figure out how to film in 50frame mode i tried everything.If anyone has done it before , could someone please tell me step by step how to do it.Im going crazy trying to figure it out how to do it so please someone help this dumb avid operator who is trying to film lol :D

Hi everyone.I have a problem with filming 50fps on hvx200.I bought a new DTE Fs100 to record HD media but i couldnt figure out how to film in 50frame mode i tried everything.If anyone has done it before , could someone please tell me step by step how to do it.Im going crazy trying to figure it out how to do it so please someone help this dumb avid operator who is trying to film lol :D

It's in the menu of the shooting mode on the camera. I can't remember the names of the sub-menus but you change it where you change the resolution. There should be 720p/25 and 720p/50.

Just scan through the menu, you should find it.

Edited by Daniel Ashley-Smith

Try the users manual. The answer is in there. If you don't have one, go to their site and download it.

well actually i didnt mention that i did everything which they told on the manual.But i must be missing something.I know i can only do it in the 720p mode.SO i tried in all 720 modes to do it.I changed the settings from the camcorder from video cam to film cam and below that i can change the frame rate and i did it 50frames.But when i start recording and play it afterwards i see its still 25fps.(the harddisk automatically goes to dvcproHD mode btw)so thats the problem i have :S

well actually i didnt mention that i did everything which they told on the manual.But i must be missing something.I know i can only do it in the 720p mode.SO i tried in all 720 modes to do it.I changed the settings from the camcorder from video cam to film cam and below that i can change the frame rate and i did it 50frames.But when i start recording and play it afterwards i see its still 25fps.(the harddisk automatically goes to dvcproHD mode btw)so thats the problem i have :S

It shows 25fps on the lcd, but try editing it. You may be suprised :rolleyes:

• Premium Member

I'm not that familiar with the FS-100 or the PAL version of the HVX, but I don't believe you can view overcranked/undercranked material at the proper frame rate from the FS100, like you can from P2 cards. The material is there on the drive, but you can't view it at proper speed.

I could be wrong...

I'm not that familiar with the FS-100 or the PAL version of the HVX, but I don't believe you can view overcranked/undercranked material at the proper frame rate from the FS100, like you can from P2 cards. The material is there on the drive, but you can't view it at proper speed.

I could be wrong...

No you're right. I done a 50fps shot last night on the HVX200.

It's been awhile since i shot 50fps with HVX202 and fire store but if i remember correctly the trick is to set your sequence setting correctly your 50fps. Even when I placed the clip on the time line i still see it as 25fps, but when i adjust the speed manually even down to 50% you will get a very nice slow mo. There is a bit of motion blur so shooting at a slightly higher shutter speed helps. I will mail you something that i downloaded from DVXusers.com It will explain step by step on how to achieve the slow mo effect with HVX202

regards

Ken MInehan