russian K2 vs K3

Richardson Leao

Apart from the mount of the k3 that can be m42 and the fact that the krasno 3 get spools with no cassette, are there any differences in the mechanics? cheers

Krasnogorsk-2, this is body of Krasnogrosk-1 with new paints and zoom lens Meteor-5.

That's why, all parts of body of K1 and K-2 - full similar and use film on original metal magazines.

16 mm on 100ft daylight spools not conparible with K1, k2 film magazines and will need rewind film from

spool on original core of magazine.

Krasnogorsk-3 have modified body for 100 ft daylight spools, the all other parts of mechanism - similar with K1, K2 cameras.

But, K-3 have glued ground glass and dividing prism, K-1 ( k2,uncertain ) have ground glass and dividing prism separately.

Krasnogrosk-3 have additional plastic sliding of film for automatical loading film on film channel.

Any case, this is not too important differences from a side of mechanism of camera.

K3 can have different parts of mechanism of film counter.

( the measuring lever of film counter will move on rool of film at closing of lid automatically or you will need set of measuring lever on film roll manually ).

K-3 Can have version of ASA style of scale of light meter ( 50, 100, 200 ASA ) or russian ( Germany) scale of light meter ( 32, 64, 130, 250 GOST ).

Krasnorgosk-3 can have M42 screw mount like M42 screw mount of 35 mm SLR photo cameras, and , can have bayonet mount like Krasnogorsk-1, 2 cameras.

But, K-3 have glued ground glass and dividing prism, K-1 ( k2,uncertain ) have ground glass and dividing prism separately.

Hi Olex

I think the glue on one of my K3's has separated I have a shadow at the bottom of my frame, if I apply pressure on the prism it goes, is there any thing that can be done to fix this.

Regards

Don

Hi Olex

I think the glue on one of my K3's has separated I have a shadow at the bottom of my frame, if I apply pressure on the prism it goes, is there any thing that can be done to fix this.

Regards

Don

A some strange, I not had a problems with glue of ground glass block of K-3 camera.

Possible, will need check of screws of body of ground glass block ?

The body of block have 3 screws and position of ground glass can be adjust by this screws.

If the ground glass block have problem with glue, need replace of ground glass block with prism.

I prefer set of ground glass from K-1 without prism. Yes, You lost TTL light meter, but, you will have more high light of viewfinder.

Other idea, to set of hand made ground glass from other cine camera. The viewfinder can be adjust for other ground glass.

A some strange, I not had a problems with glue of ground glass block of K-3 camera.

Possible, will need check of screws of body of ground glass block ?

The body of block have 3 screws and position of ground glass can be adjust by this screws.

If the ground glass block have problem with glue, need replace of ground glass block with prism.

I prefer set of ground glass from K-1 without prism. Yes, You lost TTL light meter, but, you will have more high light of viewfinder.

Other idea, to set of hand made ground glass from other cine camera. The viewfinder can be adjust for other ground glass.

Hi Olexandr

Thanks for that my meter does not work any way I will try and source one.

Regards

Don