NYC in da house...

Annie Wengenroth

Wow, I should hang out on cine.com more often. I just found this little sub-forum. How neat. I can use my computer to meet people in the NYC film industry in real life, instead of just randomly running into them on jobs. :P

Holla back New Yorkers! Winter is upon us...we must unite in our poverty and make paper airplanes out of our tax forms from last year...

• Premium Member
Wow, I should hang out on cine.com more often. I just found this little sub-forum. How neat. I can use my computer to meet people in the NYC film industry in real life, instead of just randomly running into them on jobs. :P

Holla back New Yorkers! Winter is upon us...we must unite in our poverty and make paper airplanes out of our tax forms from last year...

Meet them while you can. You will never take a movie like "The Departed" away from us again. Queens for South

Boston. Aggh. That alone made the Massachusetts legislature get the new tax incentives in place.

Other than that, Happy holidays! Incidentally (saw your other post) Steven Poster is shooting "The Box" down the

street from me.

Incidentally, my parents live in Beverly, MA and we lived in Needham before that. Ahoy, fellow Mbutt! ;-) How bout those Sox this year....I wish I could have come home for the ticker tape parade but I was working so I couldn't.

Anyway, that's cool that there's actually some work happening in Boston. When I graduated 2 years ago and went up there for a little while, it didn't seem to be the case. Hey honestly...I WISH they had shot Departed in Boston. ...So yeah, sorry about that! :P

• Premium Member
Incidentally, my parents live in Beverly, MA and we lived in Needham before that. Ahoy, fellow Mbutt! ;-) How bout those Sox this year....I wish I could have come home for the ticker tape parade but I was working so I couldn't.

Anyway, that's cool that there's actually some work happening in Boston. When I graduated 2 years ago and went up there for a little while, it didn't seem to be the case. Hey honestly...I WISH they had shot Departed in Boston. ...So yeah, sorry about that! :P

Sorry? Sorry? If you're really sorry you'll join the movement to petition to tear up that film

and reshoot it here. Any video rental house should have a copy for you to sign.

Seriously, Boston is much busier than ever. The tax incentives have brought a lot of business in, both

set in Boston and here because it's cost efficient. "The Pink Panther 2" just shot for ten weeks here

and it's set in Paris with no scenes set in Boston to my knowledge.

Also, and this is a big factor, the Teamsters are under new leadership and that's making a big

difference to producers. It took a Labor Department racketeering investigation and some indictments

but the old Teamsters "Film Unit" is not keeping productions away like before.

Incidentally, there is a lot of discussion that Martin Scorcese wants to shoot a sequel to "The Departed"

and that this time it'll be done in Boston.

Needham, huh? I'm right down the street. I used to get free Red Sox tickets all the time when I

worked for NESN. I would pay actors in my shorts with tickets, or Bruins tickets, and they would prefer

that to cash.

er, edit: actors in my short films, that is.

I will be in NY and NYC from the 31st till the 6th. I am from Long island, but just graduated school in may from the Academy of Art university in San Francisco. I have never worked on a NY production and I am trying to work on something during those days. I've worked on over 130 out here.

Anyone want to meet in the city?

Jamie

I'm going to be in the NYC area trying to scrounge out work for '08. If I could tag along, that'd be great. I am probably going to try to follow in the same path that some of the others on this board have, with starting as a loader and working my way up the ladder. Some friendly advice and directions to friendly rental houses would be great!

~KB

Edited by Karl Borowski

Hey, I'll be in town on the 31st (very early am) and might be checking out a movie that my friend is doing stuntwork on, in Dumbo Bronx... anyone know anything about that film?

Also, I'm down to meet up anywhere within the 31st -5th in the city. Just let me know and we can do it. I'll be on the island (exit 56 on the LIE) mainly, so I need a heads up to get out to the city.

Jamie

Incidentally, there is a lot of discussion that Martin Scorcese wants to shoot a sequel to "The Departed"

and that this time it'll be done in Boston.

Actually I think he's prepping a book to shoot in Mass or Maine soon. "Shutter Island".

Best

Tim

• Premium Member
Actually I think he's prepping a book to shoot in Mass or Maine soon. "Shutter Island".

Best

Tim

Well, I never really saw the sense for a sequel to "The Departed" anyway. A new story in

the same terrain might be good though.

Hey everybody:

IDK if anyone is still listening in on this thread, or if anything went down this past Saturday, but I'd really like if I could meet up with anyone still interested tomorrow Evening, Thursday the 3rd, because I am going to be in NYC all day tomorrow. If anyone could recommend a good place to meet up tomorrow evening and is still free, please post oack or PM me on the forum. I left my cell phone out in Ohio, but if someone wants to call me I'll be with my cousin until the late afternoon probably; the number is 732 470 9553.

~KB

• Premium Member

Best

Tim

You're the man. That's what I heard today, 90 days in Boston. The book is by Dennis Lehane who also

wrote "Mystic River".