A 16mm splicer can be anything from a thousand dollar piece of machinery to a pair of scissors and some cement. It obviously depends on your needs. If you are cutting a positive print then you need to get a splicer that has a viewer (a screen that lets you watch the movie). A spicer for cutting negative doesnt need that. Do you want sound? Do you want to use glue or tape to make your splices. Try to be a bit more specific and people will recomend specific models.

A 16mm splicer can be anything from a thousand dollar piece of machinery to a pair of scissors and some cement. It obviously depends on your needs. If you are cutting a positive print then you need to get a splicer that has a viewer (a screen that lets you watch the movie). A spicer for cutting negative doesnt need that. Do you want sound? Do you want to use glue or tape to make your splices. Try to be a bit more specific and people will recomend specific models.

im looking for a splicer for cutting Negative with tape, preferably one that can cut straight and diagonal. I want to buy something of good quality that will last.

Thanks

GB

• Premium Member
im looking for a splicer for cutting Negative with tape, preferably one that can cut straight and diagonal. I want to buy something of good quality that will last.

Thanks

GB

You would need a hot splicer for that and they can cost a lot more than guillotine splicers (which are used for cutting positive prints.) I don't know many people who cut their own negatives. You are better off letting the labs take care of that since you need to be extremely careful not to damage your neg.