Questions about Lustre

Tony Terziev

Hello everybody!

Im a new member here at Cinematography.com and I have some questions about Autodesks color-grading workstation Lustre.

1. What formats does Lustre work with (dpx. and cin. files)?

2. Is it possible to grade 16mm work with Lustre or is it "35mm only"?

3. Where can I find more information about Lustre besides Autodesks homepage?

Thanks in advance!

Tony Terziev

Edited by Tony Terziev

Hello everybody!

Im a new member here at Cinematography.com and I have some questions about Autodesks color-grading workstation Lustre.

1. What formats does Lustre work with (dpx. and cin. files)?

2. Is it possible to grade 16mm work with Lustre or is it "35mm only"?

3. Where can I find more information about Lustre besides Autodesks homepage?

Thanks in advance!

Tony Terziev

Luster is a software based color grading suite that according to their website, will work with SD through 4k. So, it doesn't matter which film format you shoot on, you will be dealing with digital files. You could have a 2k scan of a Super 8 frame and grade that the same way you would do any other 2k frame. So, if you are considering grading a 16mm project, then by all mean go ahead. As for more info, did you check out creative cow? They probably have info there. Otherwise, google it. My overall impression is that it is a top shelf program and is second only to the Davincis and Quantels of the world.

chris

Thank you so much for the fast reply Chris!

So if I understand this right, you need your footage to be HD/2k/4k-resolution to make it work with Lustre? Or does it handle even smaller resolution files as long as they stay uncompressed?

Could i import an uncompressed mov. file and grade it? :S

I checked Creative Cows homepage but didn't find anything. Ill Google it or look in other forums.

Thanks for the help!

Tony Terziev

Thank you so much for the fast reply Chris!

So if I understand this right, you need your footage to be HD/2k/4k-resolution to make it work with Lustre? Or does it handle even smaller resolution files as long as they stay uncompressed?

Could i import an uncompressed mov. file and grade it? :S

I checked Creative Cows homepage but didn't find anything. Ill Google it or look in other forums.

Thanks for the help!

Tony Terziev

The Autodesk Lustre website is really quite comprehensive including visual tutorials. They will answer all your questions. I found (Autocad) support very quick and responsive.