Motor driven Krasnogorsk K3 - Its here!

Lasse Madsen

Have you been looking at mounting a motor driven, crystal synchronized motor controller to your K3 but are afraid of drilling your camera apart or soldering your fingers together?

And is your arm killing you after numerous rewinds of the spring coil?

Well here's the solution that you've been looking for that even adds a lot of bells & whistles that you?ll only find on more expensive solutions.

The Danish based electronics development company Electro Logic I/S is launching their K3 kit in spring this year which will include some of these features:

• USB 2.0 connection for firmware updates and speed adjustments etc.
  • Crystal synchronized PLL driven motor controller with current limitation & protection
  • Automatic shutter close function that prevents the shutter from being open at halt
  • Runs on 4 rechargeable AA / LR6 batteries which will give you about five 100 feet rolls
  • 24/25fps selectable through jumper or via USB where you can also set other speeds
  • This implementation requires no soldering iron or drilling of your camera
  • No need for special light meter batteries anymore! ? This is build into the kit.
  • Adjustable light meter voltage for fine trimming your camera
  • Ability to synchronize the camera, with an external tape recorder or similar device.

The kit includes a printed circuit board (PCB) with a specially made gearbox that replaces the spring drive circuitry along with cables, battery compartment and of cause the custom motor ? all in all 7 different parts that needs to be installed into the camera.

Have a look at www.ElectroLogic.dk and tell us here in this forum, what you think of this new innovative solution, as we are currently preparing the kit for production in spring. All comments such as feature requests etc. are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Lasse Madsen

Electro Logic I/S

It appears to be a great idea. (I may actually be able to afford the conversion this year.)

What lens and film stock was used for the demonstration film?

How does the generated noise compare to the standard spring powered K3? (I would expect to use a barney when recording sound, but I had to ask?)

It appears to be a great idea. (I may actually be able to afford the conversion this year.)

What lens and film stock was used for the demonstration film?

How does the generated noise compare to the standard spring powered K3? (I would expect to use a barney when recording sound, but I had to ask?)

As mentioned at the Electro Logic homepage, I am responsible for the K3 - Kit. I will try to answer all questions related to this topic. If You for some reason would like to get in contact with Lasse Madsen, please email him.

We used the standard 17-69mm lense for the demo clip and it was on Ektachrome 100D (Reversal). Regarding the noise, we have measured on both the sprigloaded and with the kit. Result was 53 dBA, measured at a distance of 2 meter in a "lively" room with no carpets on. Hope this will satisfy Your questions.

Regards Tommy Madsen.

As mentioned at the Electro Logic homepage, I am responsible for the K3 - Kit. I will try to answer all questions related to this topic. If You for some reason would like to get in contact with Lasse Madsen, please email him.

We used the standard 17-69mm lense for the demo clip and it was on Ektachrome 100D (Reversal). Regarding the noise, we have measured on both the sprigloaded and with the kit. Result was 53 dBA, measured at a distance of 2 meter in a "lively" room with no carpets on. Hope this will satisfy Your questions.

Regards Tommy Madsen.

what about single frame? cheers