Cant play HD files in QT or FCP?

Marc Shap

Hi, I cant seem to play HD files from the hvx200 p2 cards in Final cut or Quick time. The cards have already been downloaded and put into FCP on another computer, the files were then burned to a DVD.

When I put the DVD in my system, it wont play the files, its just white, theres audio, but no video. Is it some kind of codec issue? or hardware issue. Im using a macbook pro with QT pro and FCP 5.1

Any help will help.

marc

• Premium Member
Hi, I cant seem to play HD files from the hvx200 p2 cards in Final cut or Quick time. The cards have already been downloaded and put into FCP on another computer, the files were then burned to a DVD.

When I put the DVD in my system, it wont play the files, its just white, theres audio, but no video. Is it some kind of codec issue? or hardware issue. Im using a macbook pro with QT pro and FCP 5.1

Any help will help.

marc

Were all the files (.mxf and .txt) copied over to the DVD or just the .mxf files? The clips may not open in FCP without the .txt files.

Were all the files (.mxf and .txt) copied over to the DVD or just the .mxf files? The clips may not open in FCP without the .txt files.

The files are already QT/FCP movie files, it just wont open? It sometimes gives me a message that I do not have the right hardware to meet the software? Ive heard its a codec issue, and if it is, I dont really know what to do?

thanks

marc

• Premium Member
The files are already QT/FCP movie files, it just wont open? It sometimes gives me a message that I do not have the right hardware to meet the software? Ive heard its a codec issue, and if it is, I dont really know what to do?

thanks

marc

Wow, no idea then. Have you tried the more post oriented forums like Creative Cow? You'd be more likely to get knowledgeable help there unless Phil sees this and wants to chime in.

http://forums.creativecow.net/

I've had this issue burning SD video QT files to a data CD-R. Sometimes it's just a misread during the burning process.

Burning to a DVD isn't the best way to transport QT or FCP files, though. You really should hook up your own external hard-drive to the computer that has the files, and transfer them over. With writable DVD's you have a better chance of aliasing and file errors occurring.

That sounds like a codec issue. I had a similar problem and if memory serves I had to download and install a codec from Panasonic's website. It could also be something with FCP (if it's an old version) or with the burn, but the symptoms are identical to missing coded symptoms.

That sounds like a codec issue. I had a similar problem and if memory serves I had to download and install a codec from Panasonic's website. It could also be something with FCP (if it's an old version) or with the burn, but the symptoms are identical to missing coded symptoms.

This is what is says when I try and play it in FCP 5.1 :

"codec not found. you may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card"

What do I do?

thanks!

Any help will help.

marc

Marc!!

you need to upgrade to final cut pro 5.1.4 or 6!!

bye!

Treegan