Hollywood Scene Dock equipment

JD Hartman

I've heard some negative comments about this companies grip equipment and I believe they currently are out of business. Did they ever manufacture any lighting equipment? I've seen a number of fixtures that were supposedly made by them and the only identifying feature was the "Hollywood" name cast into a locking knob. Otherwise than that, the fixture had all the characteristics of an old Bardwell & McAllister.

Hollywood scene dock made lights early on and then made only grip gear, some where in the 80's they went under and the name was purchased by the guys at Pyramid films. They made some stuff but then focused their manufacturing on the Bardwell McCallister name they purchased later. They were making some nice grip stuff but now they are focusing on HPL technology. See their website and Ad in AC.

some cool lighting.

Thanks Robert. That is the kind of backround information I was looking for. I have seen some fixtures, listed as being made by Hollywood Scene, but they weren't labeled in any way. The odd thing was how strongly they resembled the older Bardwell equipment. I had incorrectly thought that Hollywood Scene Dock only made grip equipment.

I think they stopped manufacturing lighting in the 50's or 60's. I know that Kliegel was a dominant force as was Bardwell. I think some manufacturers "borrowed" manufacturing styles from others.

some also just repackaged other manufacturers gear and resold it. as Helix and RPS did with Ultralights, Mole.