ARRICAM reverse run ??

It may be too late, but if you're doing a steadiness/registration test, I would recommend against running the camera backwards to rewind the film. It adds extra stress on the perfs and can give inaccurate results. It's best to shoot the test and hand-rewind in a tent or darkroom, and mark the frame with a grease pencil, so you can realign with the correct frame and shoot your 2nd pass.

Well finally, we used LT mags, so we couldn't rewind it, ... hehe.. but thanks !! ...

In this forum I heard a couple of 1AC , that rewind the film in the chanching bag, and didnt use the camera in reverse option.. they agreed as you say, that it may cause damage to the perfs... are you sure of this? cause it is a pain in the... to rewind it by hand!! hehe ... I only do it if I test a BL , or a SR ... those camera that dont have the reverse run... have you ever had any problem ?

• Premium Member
Well finally, we used LT mags, so we couldn't rewind it, ... hehe.. but thanks !! ...

In this forum I heard a couple of 1AC , that rewind the film in the chanching bag, and didnt use the camera in reverse option.. they agreed as you say, that it may cause damage to the perfs... are you sure of this? cause it is a pain in the... to rewind it by hand!! hehe ... I only do it if I test a BL , or a SR ... those camera that dont have the reverse run... have you ever had any problem ?

I've never wanted to chance it. I figure a few extra minutes in prep could save lots of time and money so I had better do it right. I'm not sure if running in reverse actually will invalidate the test, but I could understand the possibility. I'd rather be safe than sorry (and fired).

I've never wanted to chance it. I figure a few extra minutes in prep could save lots of time and money so I had better do it right. I'm not sure if running in reverse actually will invalidate the test, but I could understand the possibility. I'd rather be safe than sorry (and fired).

Agreed!

heres a trick for you to rewind manually, if you don´t know it already...

take a ballpen in your tent and stick it in the feed side bobby. you can use the pen as a crank handle. if you use an arricam mag i would recommand to just let the loop run carefully through your thumb and index finger, as if you would hold a slide... you will rewind the mag in a couple of seconds no matter how many meters you have shot. it works also with an sr mag. just place it upright and open both sides, but it is important to open the clip from the takeup core get the end of the film out of the bobby. so it can turn freely. than you can crank with the pen in the takeup bobby with your left hand and place one finger from your right hand on the free running film from the takeup core...

i hope this helps and can be understood...

gregor

--------------------

gregor grieshaber

2nd assistant camera

berlin, germany