Whats the model number for the new CineAlta?

Mike Washlesky

myself and another production company just chipped in for one of these. i had an hour to play with it yesterday when i was setting it up (or down...)to match their fx-1, i didn't notice any creep, but i wasn't looking...it's going to amsterdam for a week for a music video shoot. when it get's back, i get to put it through it's paces...i'll keep an eye out for this.

might just be a manufacturing glitch in that particular unit...

and it does have a sharper picture than the HVX, barely, we did a side by side comparison at the camera store on a native 1080p monitor-(couldn't tell you which one it was...). interestingly when i turned the sharpening off them both the difference wasn't that much. but given the feature set of the sony and the fact that you can get 4.2.2 when you need it, and the better low light shooting, we chose the sony. i hear there are a few harddisk options becoming available soon...(whatever that means)...

and it does have a sharper picture than the HVX, barely, we did a side by side comparison at the camera store on a native 1080p monitor-(couldn't tell you which one it was...). interestingly when i turned the sharpening off them both the difference wasn't that much. but given the feature set of the sony and the fact that you can get 4.2.2 when you need it, and the better low light shooting, we chose the sony. i hear there are a few harddisk options becoming available soon...(whatever that means)...

I thought the HDV compression was more aggressive than 4:2:2 and that it was only available in DVC-ProHD on the HVX. I thought the XDCAM compression was more like 4:1:1 or 4:1:0. Can anyone confirm this? Are the compression schemes different for PAL?

Thanks

• 1 month later...