Arritechno 35-90

Kristian Schumacher

Hi everyone,

I got my hands on a couple of Arritechno cameras and some mags. One camera is in a really bad state with rust and all - this one has an arri std mount. The second camera is in near mint condition - everything moves nice and smoothly. This one has a lens with it in M 48 x 0.75 mount with no iris or focus controls.

Does anyone here have any experience with these cameras. I will be first trying to power one up by battery. I have done this before with a Milliken 16mm camera - and spent many hours trying to work it out before dicovering the film run-out switch :( So I thought this time I'll check to see if anyone has any pointers on wiring these cameras before starting.

I have e-mailed arri in Germany about an adapter that will fit pl-mount lenses to this arritechno thread (mentioned on the arri website) but got no reply. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

Kristian

• 7 months later...
Hi everyone,

I got my hands on a couple of Arritechno cameras and some mags. One camera is in a really bad state with rust and all - this one has an arri std mount. The second camera is in near mint condition - everything moves nice and smoothly. This one has a lens with it in M 48 x 0.75 mount with no iris or focus controls.

Does anyone here have any experience with these cameras. I will be first trying to power one up by battery. I have done this before with a Milliken 16mm camera - and spent many hours trying to work it out before dicovering the film run-out switch :( So I thought this time I'll check to see if anyone has any pointers on wiring these cameras before starting.

I have e-mailed arri in Germany about an adapter that will fit pl-mount lenses to this arritechno thread (mentioned on the arri website) but got no reply. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch!

Kristian

Hi

My experience with Arri Germany (and Arri Australia) is that you will never get any reply or acknowledgment. Sorry to be so negative buy there is very little 'after sales service' attached to Arri.

Arri U.K are conversely quite helpful. They seem to get the answers out of Munich on your behalf...

I have no experience with Arritechno so I sadly cannot assist you either

Regards

Bruce

• 7 months later...

Sorry I completely missed your replies Bruce and Paul,

I gave up on the Arritechnos and sold both on Ebay. I am concentrating on a 2c for my underwater rig now. They seem like fine cameras though, pin registered and all. My main problem was getting a lens mount on them that would let me use the lenses I choose. But I have heard from several people that have changed the mount on them and that are very happy. Hopefully the CA buyer of my 2 cameras will become one of them.

Kristian

• Premium Member

Why not dive with an Arriflex II C. Only to fix this little issue of engineering interest: Arriflex II has no register pin. The movement is known to have a hole-fitting claw or pin but this is still moving.

• 6 months later...

Try this guide in pdf.

Hope thats useful

Thanks Lucas

Hi everyone,

Thanks a bunch!

Kristian