Other hobbies and interests?

Chris Keth

Guest tylerhawes

I have a 20-month old daughter who has become my greatest hobby and I basically can't ever stop thinking about her.

In the last couple years I've started producing and gotten back to writing, where I've got one film going to festivals now and another prepping for a summer shoot. But I'm not sure if it's a hobby anymore, because I think once the productions have millions of dollars behind them like the current one has, I guess I have to call it work now?

I read a lot. A lot of science fiction, which is my roots (Star Wars and Star Trek are definitely biggest influence on my going to Hollywood), but I've forced myself to read at least 50% non-SF, so I've been going through all the classics that I missed out on as well as reading philosophy from Socrates to Victor Frankel.

I also play computer games with my wife, but mostly don't have time for it anymore aside from occasional weekend binges.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
Really? No kidding, I thought maybe he filled his pool with Gatorade and had his kids jump up and down in the shallow end.

You've got it all wrong....Tang is much better for surfing.

But isn't it a wee bit cold to surf the North Atlantic....I mean it ain't exactly Malibu.

People surf in Alaska...I think someone could handle the UK quite easily. And by the way, Malibu isn't exactly warm.

This is a good lil topic thanks for starting this.....

Well I actually am into wildlife photography. I enjoy birds quite a bit, mostly the raptors. I have mostly redtail hawks in my yard and a coopers hawk will come by for a meal now and then.

I also like the coyotes that will come by to visit and eat some scraps we throw out for any creature that is hungry.

The fun part about birding is identifying each bird. Sometimes you only get a split second as they fly by in a blur. But also getting a good still shot too. If you have kids this is something really cool to get them in to.

Hummingbirds are the coolest though. I've got thousands of pics of those little things.

My other interest is golf!!! Got to tell ya its one of the best sports out there. Very hard to do but you have to stick with it for at least a year to see some changes. I've been playing for 15 years.

I also am a professional bass player . I play mostly classic rock and country music. Been playing for 30 years now.

And what else in this techno world.... surfing the web, now that is addicting.... lol

....have a great shoot everybody...take care.

Tony Beazley

Edited by Tony_Beazley

• Premium Member
The Cinematography.com forum proudly welcomes all female members to an atmosphere of mutual respect and understanding.

Funny, my frau got a big kick out of this thread. Not all women consider it a bad thing that men spent a lot of time obsessing about the fair sex. And more than a few consider male humor on the subject to be instructional. And, come to think of it, the human race would have died out a long time ago if we were any different.

I seem to remember someone once apologizing at the end of a very long thread (sic) on the comedy of love and sex:

If we shadows have offended, think but this; and all is mended that you have but slumbered here while these visions did appear and this weak and idle theme no more yielding but a dream. Gentles--do not reprehend if you pardon, we will mend. And, as I am an honest Puck if we have unearned luck. Now to scape the serpents tongue. We will make amends ere long else the Puck a liar call. So--goodnight unto you all. Give me your hands if we be friends. And Robin (and Hal) shall restore amends.

And said "Frau" aka: The Wife Herself... agrees COMPLETELY!

You've got it all wrong....Tang is much better for surfing.

:lol:

People surf in Alaska...I think someone could handle the UK quite easily. And by the way, Malibu isn't exactly warm.

Whatayakidding Malibu ROCKS....and it's a Hell of a lot warmer than the North Atlantic or Alaska! My idea of having fun is definitely NOT hanging 10 in the Aleutians. Come on man, when was the last time you saw an Eskimo in a bikini?! B)