Louis Vitton commercial

Has anyone seen this commercial?

I saw it the other day on a big HD tv the other day, and people of all sorts stopped what they were doing and watched. When it was over they all went back to what they were doing, but it was amazing how it grabbed people's attention.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here knows anything about this, or maybe even worked on it. It looks like there were a lot of different tricks done to get some of the unusual focus looks, like maybe a tilt-focus lens? Whatever it is, it looks great.

The effects I noticed could have been done in post but are possible at the front end also.

Faked/real Tilt easy enough in post or front end yes - the funky bokeh (scope-esque yet sideways and occasionally truncated ellipses) harder in post but again could have been done front end by playing with the lens apertures - everybody ready for some mild lens surgery? yeh!

Yeah, that ad made me actually stop and watch it! These days, I never, ever watch any commercials, because I'm either flipping stations or watching DVR playback.

The ad is tremendous, but beyond the photography, which I thought was beautiful and striking, this spot also really points out how important music can be a short piece like this. Without the music, it's really nothing.

Edited by Tom Lowe