Redrock or Pro 35 with Sony PMW EX-1

Ryan K

Has anyone tested this camera with either one of these adaptors yet? It's my understanding that they are designed to work with 1/3" or 2/3" chip cameras, but is there any issue with the fact that the EX-1 is a 1/2" chip camera? I haven't seen any information on either one of their websites which would confirm that they are fully compatible with this camera.

Many thanks in advance.

Ryan

• Premium Member

I don't see how it would be a major problem. From what I know of the adapters, they are projecting the lens onto a 35mm sized moving ground glass which is then just re-imaged by the camera. On the ground glass is where the DoF characteristics are produced, so I don' see how camera ship-size would effect that overall, sinze the "source," of the image-- the ground glass-- hasn't changed.

Now being able to mount it to the camera is another story.

Abel Cine Tech now has a mount ring for the EX1 to properly attach it to a MOVIEtube LT or ST. The image quality is fantastic. We rent the MOVIEtubes and the ring is available at no additional cost, just be sure to let us know what camera you'll be using beforehand.