Tabletop shoot camera

John Savage

Doing a tabletop shoot with a rotating product shot-a watch. Looked at an EX1 and the shutter spooked me a bit although it was hard to tell without a true hi def monitor. Looked a bit "electonicy" in is progressive mode. Tested a JVC 250 SDI into a hi-def monitor and it looked fairly good at 720 60P...is it worth springing for a 900? Will be in a macro or very tight mode for the entire shoot.

Doing a tabletop shoot with a rotating product shot-a watch. Looked at an EX1 and the shutter spooked me a bit although it was hard to tell without a true hi def monitor. Looked a bit "electonicy" in is progressive mode.

What frame rate and shutter angle was it set at when you looked at it? I've tested it at 720p, 24p 180 degree shutter and it looked great on a monitor, not too "electronicy"

• Premium Member
Doing a tabletop shoot with a rotating product shot-a watch. Looked at an EX1 and the shutter spooked me a bit although it was hard to tell without a true hi def monitor. Looked a bit "electonicy" in is progressive mode. Tested a JVC 250 SDI into a hi-def monitor and it looked fairly good at 720 60P...is it worth springing for a 900? Will be in a macro or very tight mode for the entire shoot.

Maybe you can use DSLR for the shot? We did that for a cell phone rotating shot and it worked like a charm! What do you need to do? Slow rotation?

Cheers, Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I have been shooting table with the Sony XDHD 350. Typically, I will shoot at 30p. The camera represents colors well and has a good depth of field. While I was very skeptical of this camera at first and question the "Cinealta" sticker on the side... over time I have been very happy with the images. Some of that work can be seen at www.bdmp.tv

Good luck.

z