Pre-Oscar Interview with Roger Deakins, ASC

Cale Erickson

I thought this was quite interesting. It just touches on some of his thoughts as a Cinematographer, but doesn't go into too much detail. I have a tremendous amount of respect for this man, and I'm sure you do too. Hope you enjoy this brief little interview.

P.S. Reveals his desire to direct too...intriguing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER0b0zKNzKY

I'm kinda the same way in regards to directing. I think I could do a good job on set, blocking and directing actors & camera. But most everything that comprises pre-prod and fund raisingthat can take place a year to two years before principal photography would just bore me to death very quickly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Thanks for this Roger is an incredible guy.

FatherNightRoad? What an interesting first and last name only "Display Name" as required by this Forum's rules when registering. Please change your Display Name to conform.

I'll be a little less sarcastic and let you know that use of real names on this Forum works to keep things professional and polite. Those annoying long "flame" threads on other Forums rarely happen here.

I personally recommend including your level of experience and location in your signature because you never know when another Forum member is located close to you and can help you out.

Like this: