Is this a sad topic ?

John Holland

I had finished shooting a corporate thing yesterday finished early went to a small pub in central London for a beer , sitting there then a well dressed old man came in bought a Guiness and sat just across from me . I knew this face it was Peter O'Toole after 15 mins or so i went and said are you Mr O'Toole he said yes and your name sir ,told him after that we talked for about an hour mostly about HD cameras he is a great fan last 3 movies he has worked on were HD . Anyway he bought me a beer then had to go shook my hand and said Good Luck mate . Lawrence of Arabia wow . First time in life i have been starstruck. Sad arnt i ?

I had finished shooting a corporate thing yesterday finished early went to a small pub in central London for a beer , sitting there then a well dressed old man came in bought a Guiness and sat just across from me . I knew this face it was Peter O'Toole after 15 mins or so i went and said are you Mr O'Toole he said yes and your name sir ,told him after that we talked for about an hour mostly about HD cameras he is a great fan last 3 movies he has worked on were HD . Anyway he bought me a beer then had to go shook my hand and said Good Luck mate . Lawrence of Arabia wow . First time in life i have been starstruck. Sad arnt i ?

I'm not a Lawrence of Arabia fan, but when O'Toole reads that beautifully written monolougue at the end of Ratatatouie (a film I would have otherwise completly disliked) was there anyone in the audience that wasn't moved?

Nobody else could have said those lines as beautifully as O'Toole.

[

John,

Very happy for you!! A meeting like that is a once in a lifetime event! Especially in such an informal setting.

The real sadness of the situation is that the conversation was spent talking about

HD cameras.......ugh......and Peter's fondness for them......not how filmstock and cine lens technology

have never been better, and how HD can't compare to film.......:)

All the best,

Milo Sekulovich

Guest Tim Partridge
I had finished shooting a corporate thing yesterday finished early went to a small pub in central London for a beer , sitting there then a well dressed old man came in bought a Guiness and sat just across from me . I knew this face it was Peter O'Toole after 15 mins or so i went and said are you Mr O'Toole he said yes and your name sir ,told him

"Then you're the greatest man that ever BREATHED."

If Peter O'Toole narrated the RED forum on this site I'd be forced to actually visit it! :)

Patrick afraid didnt get round to Freddie Young he did say the DP [not named] he had just finished working with was not a fan of HD which Mr O'Toole thought was stupid in his opinion you could light things so much more interestingly in HD i did tell him i didnt agree with him on that one .

WOW! I'd be freaking out!! They would have to get the bouncers to haul me out of the bar.

I think Peter O'Toole is just incredible, Lawrence Of Arabia is clearly in the top 10 of greatest films of all time.

Of course I'd ask him if he would like to star in my next film.

Very lucky for you!!

R,

Now THAT is sad.

Hey! :P

What can I say, I wan't 'borned' in time to see it on the big screen, or that I have an issue with a british guys pretending to be Arabian princes, but Alec Guiness is only in it a little.

But as I said before O'Toole rocks!

• 1 month later...
Hey! :P

What can I say, I wan't 'borned' in time to see it on the big screen, or that I have an issue with a british guys pretending to be Arabian princes, but Alec Guiness is only in it a little.

But as I said before O'Toole rocks!

That's sad, but this is funny...when I arrived Los Angeles in 2003, someone compared me

to a young Peter O'Toole [Don Quixote]. I've always been openly honest, and when I responded,

"who?", I sort of got 'blacklisted' for five years in LA. Okay, I'm kidding about 'blacklisted',

but I had never heard of Peter O'Toole, the legend. I had however heard of Don Quixote. So

after 5 years in LA as freelance always seeking work, while others with lesser talent, can call

themselves celebrities simply because of "who they know", I chose to depart LA. So be it. That's life.

God bless the man, a well-known legend. His career made his-story.