s16mm covering lenses?!?

Hello,

This is my first posting on this site, and I find it to be very good. Not the posting, but the site. It seem to be filled with people with great excperince and skills within this subject. To the problem.

I bought this Eclair ACL II in a quite eccellent condition. I began filling my kit with different kinds of lenses and I thought: "I should convert it into a super-16mm camera". However, it hit me that my old lenses wouldn't cover the new aparture, but I really, really wanted the s16mm look and advantages.

So, I started looking around for s16 lenses...oh, by the way I'm living in Sweden, and hense that fact I coudn't find any. The cheapest I could find was on the Filmcamerakit.com website. They wanted "only" 2995GBP for a four lens kit. Sure, it's damn good lenses but still.

Then it accured to me that any lens for a 35mm camera would cover the super-16mm aparture. So my question to you is:

Is there anyone who knows about someone that sells cheap, used, old 35mm leses? or s16mm ofcourse!

By the way, if you're going to direct me to a rental store, I can tell you that it's almost impossible to find here in Sweden. Especially when it concerns celluloid cinematography.

Grateful for any answeres! // Niklas Larsson

Hello

I have a Fujinon 14mm to 168mm zoom lens at f1.9. It also has a built ib 2x converter, which makes it 28mm to 336mm. And a macro button. It has an arri bayonet mount which is on a 'universal' fitting. ie you can replace it with PL or arri s ( or anything else really ). It was serviced by Les Bosher a while back , I purchased it from a BBC wildlife cameraman who used it extensively for tv. It comes with a rubber lens hood too and aluminium flightcase. I have too many lenses and I am selling it for the £600 I paid for it plus post.

best

rob spence