35mm film and processing pricing

John Adolfi

Friends, Would you give me a good idea for source(s) to purchase 35mm film both on the grey market and or short ends and recans and the kind of discount one can expect even if buying 1000-2000 ft. at a time? How about a range per foot like $.10-$.25 per foot one can expect. Also who does a good job processing and what price per foot? Can you make any deals on small experimental short runs? Thanks.

Landon,

I thought you were an ARRICAM fan like me.

Arricam is cool. But I can;t really say "Arricam Rules" when In fact, I have never used a 35mm camera.

But when I am doing my first 35mm shoot, I would use either a Panavision Millennium Panaflex or a Arricam Studio.

Also who does a good job processing and what price per foot? Can you make any deals on small experimental short runs?
It helps if you say where you are when asking about facilities or services.

Can you make any deals on small experimental short runs?
You have to ask yourself: "why would someone offer a discount for a small job - especially when the word "experimental" is used?". If you can think of an answer, then you are ready to ask for a deal! But you have to accept that most places would discount on 100,000 ft before they'd discount on 1,000 ft.