After Effects Keying

Ryan Handley

I'm using After Effects 6.5 under the keylight effect it lets me remove all the green from the subject. The only problem that I'm running into once i key out the color, on the person there shirt seems to look fuzzy or it makes it look like the color from the shirt is pulled up. I'm not really sure how to fix this besides playing around the feathering the edges. Does anyone else have this problem and do you know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Ryan

• Premium Member

Hi,

What d'you mean by "colour pulled up"? Fuzzy in what way? You're not being nearly specific enough.

If you can post stills, that's very helpful, as it's hard to diagnose any problem like this without having seen it.

Phil

I wish i could post a picture but i'm not at work at the moment. Once i pull the background color green or the keying effect it make the arms of the person look fuzzy and it seems like the color from there shirt seems to be streched up into the air. You can reach me at r_m_handley@yahoo.com and i might be able to get a picture to you as soon as i get back to work.

Ryan

Hi,

What d'you mean by "colour pulled up"? Fuzzy in what way? You're not being nearly specific enough.

If you can post stills, that's very helpful, as it's hard to diagnose any problem like this without having seen it.

Phil

There are a number of parameters that need to be tweaked and adjusted still. If you haven't already done so, I would open the instruction file (a .pdf) that shipped with the plugin to learn more about the various adjustments. It is quite possible though that you will never get a good or acceptable key depending on the greenscreen footage.