Arriflex 16M Camera Package

Tim Carroll

• Premium Member

Over the last few years of running the Arri16S.com web site and servicing Arriflex cameras, I have been asked a number of times if I sell Arriflex cameras and Arriflex equipment. As a general rule I do not.

This summer I will be relocating my shop, and in the interest of moving as little as possible, I'm doing spring cleaning and selling a few items that I no longer need.

The last item I have for sale is an Arriflex 16M camera package (pictured below), with an Angenieux 12-120 T2.2 zoom lens (with hood and 85 filter), two 400 ft magazines, and a variable speed motor.

M2.jpg

This camera has just had a complete overhaul, the entire body taken apart, down to the last adjustment screw in the camera movement. Everything was ultrasonically cleaned, then re-assembled with all original ARRI factory lubricants and set back to original ARRI factory specs (I was trained to rebuild these cameras by Axel Broda who built them at the factory in Germany back in the 1960's). The camera even has a new rubber coupling (a $75 item). This means the camera's Flange Focal Distance is spot on, as well as the ground glass setting, and the registration is exactly to spec.

M1.jpg

The camera has not been repainted as I have always like the patina that a camera gets as it ages. She won't win any beauty contests, except for the beauty of the images she makes.

You could buy this same camera off of eBay for probably $600, but you would have no indication of what condition it was in. And to have just the Arriflex 16M camera body overhauled will run $840 on the low end, and over $1000 on the high end. To understand why the camera needs an overhaul when it hasn't had one in a while, check out the article below:

Getting the most from you Arriflex

This camera is ready to go. Just add film.

And if you want to have a copy of the Arriflex 16M Operating Instruction Manual, you can download a free PDF suitable for printing at this address:

Arriflex 16M Operating Instruction Manual

I am asking $999 for the camera package. If interested, or if you have any questions, please email me at:

info@Arri16S.com

Thanks,

-Tim