irritatingly undecisive!! 35mm lens adapters...

Victor Credi

here's the story... I am an Egyptian cinematographer residing in good o'l Cairo... and i mainly shoot music videos (mostly s16mm sometimes 35mm)... and since i have some down time between projects... i got some offers for some short films ( which i kinda have a thing for) to shoot on digital... they saw some of my stuff shot with the m2 ( back when i was in chicago, where i shot practicaly everything with) and loved it... so i'm considering getting an adapter... but since i solely worked with the m2... i feel there might be a better one (calculating price, quality, PREP TIME.. etc).. so alright... I think i researched every dark hole in cyber space to try and reach a tiping point for one or the other of these adapters... from the infamous redrock m2 to the letus35 to its less known rival the cinevate brevis35... but failed miserably... and since I'm way out here in the Sahara, where's there's no way to rent and do tests... I'm planning to purchase with a leap of faith... based on ur feedbacks... (hopefully there's someone out there that tried all of them :)...

i apprectiate your comments in advance...

cheers...

• Premium Member

I am not a fan of the redrock; but I like the letus. If anythign the 1/2 stop light loss is WELL worth it. All in all they're going to be a pain with backfocus and the like, and if anything when you're working on a low budget; you want to be able to use every bit of light possible in the location as is. That's just my opinion and experience of course.