Swivel and tilt lenses

Dear all

I am due to shoot a film in which I hope to recreate the POV effect seen in 'The Diving Bell & the Butterfly'. We are using the JVC GY-110 HD camera. Does anyone know if it is possible to attach a swivel and tilt lens to this camera, and if so where I can get one. Also, will attaching one mean that the focal length of the lens will be greatly increased due to the size of the sensors, or any other issues ? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

• Premium Member

You might be able to use a shift/tilt lens with a 2/3" B4 mount, and an adapter to the JVC's 1/3" mount.

And as always, a 50mm lens is a 50mm lens is a 50mm lens. The focal length always stays the same; it's the field of view that shrinks along with the sensor size. The step-up adapter will act as a mild extension though, increasing the effective focal length slightly.

You can get a Mini35 or other 35mm lens adapter for the JVC and use a swing & tilt adapter on that. JVC makes a unit but it is more for the 200 or 250 as the image will be inverted and you will have to flip it in post. Their device is also for 16mm lenses so it will be limited to the center of the taking lens, making the shift & tilt effect a bit less dramatic. Abel has the JVC adapter as well as shift & tilt lenses available for rental.