Fuji downspooling for A-Minima

Aurora Gordon

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience shooting with Fuji stocks and the A-Minima? I'd really like to use Eterna 250D, but this is the first time I've had to downspool to the 200ft daylight spools.

If anyone has any knowledge of the scratching risks/if it's worth it at all, I'd greatly appreciate the feedback.

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience shooting with Fuji stocks and the A-Minima? I'd really like to use Eterna 250D, but this is the first time I've had to downspool to the 200ft daylight spools.

If anyone has any knowledge of the scratching risks/if it's worth it at all, I'd greatly appreciate the feedback.

I spooled down some Fuji 64D for the A-minima last month. I did it at Yale. It worked just fine, no scratches, no dirt. Just make sure to emphasize to the lab that the A-minima's wind is emulsion out.

Edited by Douglas Hunter

I spooled down some Fuji 64D for the A-minima last month. I did it at Yale. It worked just fine, no scratches, no dirt. Just make sure to emphasize to the lab that the A-minima's wind is emulsion out.

I have used factory sealed 200' Fuji 500T 8672 16mm loads. You can't get those now? I didn't use it on A-minima, it was my ACL, and I still have a can left in my freezer.

I would try to see if you can get some of those 200' Fuji factory sealed loads somewhere, I sure hope they didn't discontinue them!

Edited by Saul Rodgar

• Site Sponsor
I have used factory sealed 200' Fuji 500T 8672 16mm loads. You can't get those now? I didn't use it on A-minima, it was my ACL, and I still have a can left in my freezer.

The A-Minima uses special plastic split reels, not the typical 200' metal ones, plus the film is wound emulsion out. It is easy to wind film onto a aminima reel and they have a little lip on them, for extra light tightness, that also kinda lets you know when they are full...

-Rob-

The A-Minima uses special plastic split reels, not the typical 200' metal ones, plus the film is wound emulsion out. It is easy to wind film onto a aminima reel and they have a little lip on them, for extra light tightness, that also kinda lets you know when they are full...

-Rob-

Duh!

You are right, I forgot. I have a A-minima fresh stock can. I have heard it can be used on an ACL (breaking the plastic sides and doing a wrong side feed loop) but I haven't tried it yet. And clear forgot about the flanged cores and emulsion out situation on A-minimas.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ole Dost
Duh!

You are right, I forgot. I have a A-minima fresh stock can. I have heard it can be used on an ACL (breaking the plastic sides and doing a wrong side feed loop) but I haven't tried it yet. And clear forgot about the flanged cores and emulsion out situation on A-minimas.

I already used Aaton-A-Minima loads for a non Aaton-A-Minima Camera, the russian made Kinor 16 P that also requires film wound emulsion out. No problems so far. You just turn the plastic sides counterclockwise firmly, then they´re off. What is left ist 200ft of film wound emulsion out sitting on a core, that fits on every common core axis perfectly. When my Eclair ACL is back from servicing, I will try the same with this camera. There should be no problem at all.

Regards,

Ole