Film stocks and other questions?

Scott Sarver

Even though I'm getting rid of most of my super 8 equipment I'm curious to what film stocks are available now days and how much? I spent most of my youth and college days shooting Kodachrome 40.. I loved the look and best of all it was relatively inexpensive last time I shot it.

I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 - 14 for a roll including shipping provided by Kodak.

I also remember being able to send it to Dwaynes through Wal-Mart for a 5 bucks a roll..

I'm mostly interested in reversal but any info would be great on places you buy from and where you have the film processed.

While I'm at it.. I have a Beaulieu ZM2 with external battery pack but if I was to venture down the road again, where's a great place to find a recelled battery that screws into the socket?

I remember not being found of having a power cord flopping around and a battery pack attached to my hip.

Oh lord.. selling this stuff got me thinking about Super 8 all over again.

Edited by Scott Sarver

Well, Kodachrome is done with other than some batches from Wittner. From the big K, we have E64T, Plus-X, Tri-X, Vision2 200T and Vision2 500T.

Prices have gone up, inflation plus the weak dollar. Now look more to $30 with processing.

Scott,

There are two wonderful reversal stocks available from Spectra Film and Video, these being Velvia 50D and the Ektachrome 100D. They both have wonderful color, higher contrast and tight grain. Prices are a lot higher than for k40 though. But the results are great.