eclair loading question

MTL

Hi MTL,

Anyway, doesn't really matter what is on the receiving end, daylight spool or standard core. How you are going to unload the film, wether in total darkness or or not, decides that. If you use daylight spools it is not a bad idea to keep to use daylight spools on the receiving end. You will use the same storage box, if otherwise you have to get cans and bags and cores probably, adding unecessary bits and pieces to your kit. You can get all of this including daylight spools from the lab your going to process with.

Oh, if you could sign your posts, thanks.

Regards

Emmanuel, london

Camera Assistant - Focus Puller

Munich - London +491608036889 - www.suys.de - +447910034443

• Premium Member

SORRY I EDITED THE POST BECAUSE I GOT WRONG WITH ROLLS LENGTHS (FEET AND METERS...)

You only need empty cans and black bags for the short ends.

As Emmanuel said, you get all this stuff from the lab. Mind that you should ask them for used cores and cans, as news ones are very expensive. The only thing is that you will have to tear old labels off the cans.

The black bags only should be bought new, but you only need them and the cans for short ends, as you can just use the can and black bag of your unexposed stock to put the exposed film when unloading exposed stock.

Edited by laurent.a

Sorry, I'm still a bit confused. Is this black bag used to cover exposed film that was received onto a core? If so, basically, the film is received on the core, and in complete darkness (as when i loaded the film), i simply take it off and put it in the bag?

-Luke McCutcheon