Gevachrome 702 reversal film

Hi All,

I have several rolls of gevachrome 702 made in belgium by agfa-gevaert.

I've been gathering information around and it seems that this film is a newer than the 'gevachrome' produced in the 70's. It seems that the film was produced in the late 80s. And, as far as I understood, agfa does not use a proprietary color process since mid 70's. OK, now for the questions:

Does anyone knows this film?

is it compatible to E6?

I will try to develop with E6 a few strips but if somebody knows that stock I might skip the striping and shoot a few meters.

thanks all!

richardson

It is to be processed in Gevachrome 2 process. I stopped this process 25 years ago or more. It is a low temp (21°C) process with light re-exposure as opposed to high-temp Ektachrome process with chemical re-exposure.

Running Gevachrome film in Ektachrome process will ruin the film completely, no need to test this again.

You might still get a useable image if you process it as B&W negative.

It is to be processed in Gevachrome 2 process. I stopped this process 25 years ago or more. It is a low temp (21°C) process with light re-exposure as opposed to high-temp Ektachrome process with chemical re-exposure.

Running Gevachrome film in Ektachrome process will ruin the film completely, no need to test this again.

And I suppose nobody does this process anymore, right?

Would it be any similar to the svema color process or orwochrome?

And I don't get it... the cans and the print and the box in which the cans came, they look way modern to be so old. I threw the old box away but it looks like it was from few years ago... Anyway, thanks for the info.

Btw, John, it was an impulse buy...

And I don't get it... the cans and the print and the box in which the cans came, they look way modern to be so old. I threw the old box away but it looks like it was from few years ago... Anyway, thanks for the info.

Btw, John, it was an impulse buy...

Please correct me if I am wrong, but doing more searches, it seems that the gevachrome film uses a similar method as the orwochrome or the svema color. Olexandr used to have color kits for the svema films, so I might try it. I had SOMETIMES (not always) some luck with developing orwochrome with:

BW developer, re-exposure than C41 chemistry. (all at room temperature). Also, I found this post with formulas for the developer7bleach:

http://www.keyong.de/954830-agfacolor-dia-...ung-development

That may also be a solution as I have 16 x 122m rolls of this gevachrome...