PL on Nikkors?

• Premium Member

I love my Nikkies. But the mounts are a little weak compared to the main battle tank mounts of a BNC or Arri. Is it possible to simply change the mounts from F to PL without having to change the barrel? Could I be lucky enough to just have PLs cut to screw on in place of the Fs? PL is 52mm and the F is 48.6 flange focal distance. Anyone have the low-down on this? I imagine that many a folk before me have wondered this.

Not a lens tech, but your reasoning seems sound...

The Nikon-to-PL "adapter" on my Red is a very simple piece but it essentially replaces the camera's native PL mount... not what you're looking for, I know...

I recently heard Nikon is planning on releasing their own PL-mount glass. Haven't been able to verify it yet, but maybe the conversion is not such a stretch after all... :huh:

EDIT: just found this, so it is possible:

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/11398257/Ni...tal_Camera.html

Edited by Steven Parker

• Premium Member

Hey Adrian,

I've bought a full IIB rig from them. They've always been good eggs. Paul was the one who gave me the tip on Singer sewing machine oil. I just thought I'd query the group first. I always feel like I'm wasting their time asking them questions that don't lead directly to a sale when they're on the clock.

Do the PLs fit right on the back of the Nikons without modification other than removing the F-mount?