Thin Red Line

Does anybody know if "Thin Red Line" has any upcoming DVD release-- such as Special Edition or Blue-Ray release?

The version I have is from 2000-2001 and as far as I know that was the last time it was released on DVD.

You'd think a film like that would garner some sort of Double Disc release.

Right now, this is the movie I want most on HD. My copy is a bare-bones 20th Century "War Films" series release.

I have been scouring the bit torrents sites for an HDTV rip of The Thin Red Line for the last few months, but have not found one yet.

Sadly I do not see TTRL listed in upcoming bluray releases....

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/releasedates.html

Hey guys, I have HD, and the ability to record it (though I don't know how to get it out of the TiVo box) in HD, although there is a bit of a quality loss due to compression during recording.

I'll be watching for it. Does anyone know if there actually exists an HD transfer of it? Some films from the 1990s still don't have HD masters for broadcast.

If it plays on any of the Starz channels though, I will get a copy. My pan-and-scan video-store surplus VHS copy doesn't pass muster for me these days. . .

Karl, I am not sure if an HD transfer even exists. Sometimes HD copies of movies will only play in Europe, for example. So hopefully people around the world can chime in and tell us if TTRL has ever played in HD.

I did find a copy of The New World in 720p from a Bulgarian HDTV rip. It's not up to Bluray quality, but it's certainly better than DVD.

So Tom did you pay for that "rip" or are you just a pirate who is going to put us all out of work ??

Of The New World?

Well I own two DVD copies of that movie, which I bought from Amazon. I also saw the movie several times at the theater and paid full price admission. Also, I have purchased and given out as gifts probably about 4 copies of The New World. (my last 3 GFs all have copies.) Did I mention that I am also planning to buy the extended edition of The New World in October when it is released? So, to be honest with you, I really don't lose any sleep over downloading an HDTV rip of a movie that aired on Bulgarian TV. :)

So Tom did you pay for that "rip" or are you just a pirate who is going to put us all out of work ??

Well John, this, in my opinion, is totally different than DVD piracy. We want a product that the studios are unwilling to provide for us. I'm sure Tom would buy a copy of TTRL if it existed.

I download a lot of music, but seldom movies. If I like music, I will buy it, on vinyl if it exists. B)

Hey guys, I have HD, and the ability to record it (though I don't know how to get it out of the TiVo box) in HD, although there is a bit of a quality loss due to compression during recording.

I'll be watching for it. Does anyone know if there actually exists an HD transfer of it? Some films from the 1990s still don't have HD masters for broadcast.

If it plays on any of the Starz channels though, I will get a copy. My pan-and-scan video-store surplus VHS copy doesn't pass muster for me these days. . .

I find that some times certain "HD" movies that play on HD movie channels are just uprezzed SD versions. Hopefully an HD transfer exists for this.

I find that some times certain "HD" movies that play on HD movie channels are just uprezzed SD versions. Hopefully an HD transfer exists for this.

Fortunately, this isn't the case with Starz.

TNT, A&E, Cleveland's CBS Affiliate, Discovery Channel, and others, however, I've all seen doing this sort of upres-ing.