Camera and G&E Houses in Las Vegas

Matt Workman

Hey,

I have a project in Las Vegas and the producer is looking for some recommendations for rental houses.

Arri 416/SR3, Cooke S4s, Zeiss Macros

Fisher11, Fisher Jib

Kinos, Lite Panel Ringlight, HMI, Tungsten, etc.

Any suggestions or connects in Nevada?

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks,

JR has a great truck package. We are shooting RED, but its coming in from LA. Only camera house I could find was VER, not a lot of CSC, Panavision, Wexler, etc. in Nevada. LA is so close I guess.

Matt

• Premium Member
Thanks,

JR has a great truck package. We are shooting RED, but its coming in from LA. Only camera house I could find was VER, not a lot of CSC, Panavision, Wexler, etc. in Nevada. LA is so close I guess.

Matt

Perhaps I got VER on a bad day, but be careful if you rent from them. I can tell you more but I want to do it off list.

Matt: You're not going to find any film cameras, film or related AKS in Las Vegas... period. It's a video / HD town and everything film that comes to town comes from someplace else.

JR will have the lighting and grip package you need but you should also check with Jim Wise at Magic Hour Lighting & Grip. 702 373-4605. Jim is an excellent gaffer I've worked with for years, plus he has a 5 ton and he bought my 18' G&E trailer a few years ago which is something like a 2.5 ton.

The Vegas VER location is mainly geared toward convention and tradeshow work and they ship back and forth from LA daily. Debby Hudanish would be the best person there to deal with.

And.. if you guys need a Steadicam op or any other HD monitors / video assist kit call me, remote focus etc. I've got experience and cables for flying the RED as well. Also, I own a post production facility in Las Vegas and we have a very nice 4k projector in our suite. Pardon the shameless plug!

Peace!

Robert Starling, SOC

Steadicam Owner Operator