Arri 16s - flat door version (as per arri16s.com)

Ole Sundsby

Hi all,

Acquired an Arri 16s with flat door lately, and I need to replace its eyecup. I know that the viewfinder was replaced with a better one on the later models. Anyone have one of these eyecups or know if I can get a non-arri one?

Anyone else out there with a flat door version?

Regards,

sundsby

• Premium Member

The eyecups for the original flat door viewfinder are no longer made. And unfortunately, the eyepiece for that model was not removable. So I'm not sure how your camera is set up if you say you have a different eyepiece on it. Best to post a picture of the eyepiece that you have on your camera and maybe we can figure it out.

Best,

-Tim

• 1 month later...
The eyecups for the original flat door viewfinder are no longer made. And unfortunately, the eyepiece for that model was not removable. So I'm not sure how your camera is set up if you say you have a different eyepiece on it. Best to post a picture of the eyepiece that you have on your camera and maybe we can figure it out.

Best,

-Tim

Tim,

Well, the camera has the Zeiss type viewfinder attached to the door. So it is the original eyepiece that came with the first arri 16s. Here's a picture.

post-34943-1221334617.jpg

Regards,

Ole

• Premium Member

Ole,

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying that the eyepiece on your flat door camera had been replaced by one from a newer camera. Yes, you do have the original Zeiss eyepiece on your camera in the picture, and unfortunately, those eyecups are no longer available.

Best,

-Tim