Misty Lake

Kamaljeet Negi

• Premium Member

You can get very large versions of the ultrasonic humidifiers; the fountains at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas create enormous volumes of mist very quickly in (what I presume is) this way and, since it's just water, it's safe, white, and drifts realistically.

I'm not sure if this sort of thing could be made portable, or what sort of effect it would have on lake wildlife... sticking your finger in an ultrasonic cleaning bath hurts like crazy, so I suspect you couldn't do it in a wild lake.

P

That looks a little more like horror movie fog than misty morning fog. :D I personally would try using a plain old high volume fog machine just outta frame and let the morning breeze waft the fog across the frame. If you have a wide shot of the lake, maybe a pair at different distances from the camera, one fairly close to the lens and one a ways away to give your fog depth. You could also try a fog filter. I saw a shot of a dock with a small building next to a lake on David Mulllen's filter site that was recently listed in another thread and it didn't look half bad. B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly