Where to Buy PL 16mm Zoom in London?

Guest Kal Karman

Guest kalkarman

Hello,

I will soon be in london and would like to test a buy a 16mm zoom PL mount. Do you know of any good place to pick up an old used zoom? My price range is around 1,000 euros.

One more thing, this is for my JVC HD camera which uses a PL adapter ( HZ-CA13U ). I've tried several zooms and always get soft shading (magenta top, green bottom). I can correct with the software, but as soon as I move the f-stop, it comes back. So perhaps you might also know why this happens? and if so, what zooms could work best?

Many thanks,

Kal

One more thing, this is for my JVC HD camera which uses a PL adapter ( HZ-CA13U ). I've tried several zooms and always get soft shading (magenta top, green bottom). I can correct with the software, but as soon as I move the f-stop, it comes back. So perhaps you might also know why this happens? and if so, what zooms could work best?

There is a theory that this chromatic aberration on highlights caused by the optical block in 3 CCD cameras, on the other hand other experts say that it isn't. It's certainly more noticeable on HD cameras and even occurs on high end cameras. It should be reduced by using high quality lenses.