short film - trailer - critique

Lav Bodnaruk

Hey guys,

We managed to do another short on 35mm, with no support of the funding bodies (just my production company)

Would love to hear your thoughts on the trailer I got up on its site

You can click on the QUICKTIME link next to the flash if you want 'slightly' better res.... but since its all on the net, its all compressed to hell...

It was shot on FUJI (bedroom / show and few other scenes) and KODAK (hotel and few other scenes) using ARRI Shift & Tilt lenses on AATON 35-III 3perf camera.

Here is the link:

www.affairthemovie.com

Thanks!

Lav

ps. if you are in Brisbane, AU and want to help on other 35mm shorts (AC stuff) let me know :)

2 scenes for a trailer? You have to have at least 10 these days.

Seriously.

The wife looked bored and miserable in bed, the husband was sleeping, so right there--nothing all that exciting. And then you threw some obligatory chick skin in, as if she was posing for a Tampon commercial.

Doesn't really make you want to see the thing.

Thank you Mark!

----

Ira, it is a short film - unfortunately, it is a film without 10 scenes in it, since the whole film (with credits) is less then 10minutes in duration. I am not sure how that didn't come across on the site? Did you think it was a feature film?

The bedroom scene is the main scene, and it obviously gets faster, but to keep the 'trailer' from revealing too much I didn't want to put in anything that will give the twist away - the chick skin shot (Tampon ad lol) is a dream sequence....

Anyway, i was thinking you'd probably be able to comment on the lighting, grade, shift and tilt lenses, camera movement (we built a bungee rig for it) etc as it is a cinematography forum :)

The film is in English and Italian and is targeting European film festivals. (short film).

Cheers from Oz