Professional commercial hand development of motion-picture film

Simon Wyss

• Premium Member

Hello, everybody

Own a camera and would like to shoot a little ? I have many years of experience in developing 100-foot portions by hand in spirals. Now, since I had to close my black-and-white lab end of august 2008 but do want to continue my beautiful profession I can serve you with this. Any stock is possible and welcome in 35 and 16 from Fomapan R(eversal) over all the Eastman-Kodak materials to Bergger or Fuji-Neopan and whatever. Dailies can be struck on our Matipo Debrie 35 and Dixi-700, respectively. You'll get step contact positives from negatives and reversal positives from positives. Yes, there ARE materials available which replace and even qualitatively surpass Eastman reversal print film. I print on polyester base reversal stocks that derive from the micrography sector, and they behave fantastically.

A word on Gigabitfilm. I have introduced it to cinematography seven years ago in 35. We have made duplicate negatives on 16mm Gigabitfilm since 2005. You cannot see the intermediate. Gigabitfilm's resolving power lies in the region of 16 K, if you want to have it calculated. I like the modern stocks because they fix within 20 to 30 seconds at 21 degrees Celsius, only as an example.

So, pull out the Eyemo, set up your Lunch Box, crank any movie mill you like. There IS a lab where one knows and cares. It costs, of course, but you'll have pictures for the world. Don't forget: you can ALWAYS shoot with a spring-drive camera. No electricity needed.

Send me an E-Mail if you please. I have a prospect with pricelist. Schneewolke@gmx.ch

So you do all B&W neg & reversla films up to 100-foot lengths?

How many stops can you push/pull, how fine of increments? What sort of tolerances do you have?

Turnaround times? Price per foot (30.48cm :P )?

I'd definitely emphasize that you are the world's ONLY LAB OFFERING REVERSAL PRINTS FROM B&W REVERSAL IN 2008.

You might even get overseas business with that.

In any case Simon. We're glad to have you here!

• Premium Member

Hello, Karl

Yes, any stock after every desired formula in every process in lengths up to 100 foot; 500 ft. and 1000 ft. in preparation

Push or pull development almost endless, i. e. if you desire to plague a given piece of film, I'll do that. Since the baths are of natural temperature but never under 20 degrees Celsius I change the times. The tolerances are barely measurable. When I put a test strip under the densitometer to compare values I rather compare differences in chemical developer composition than of my work.

Prenoted footage, minimum 48 hours in advance, can be treated like 100 feet every half hour (to negative). Reversal development time is one hour, mostly we have Fomapan R. One foot of 35mm film developed to negative costs Swiss Franc --.64, same in 16 is --.48, no matter what changes you demand. Reversing is --.83 and --.54, respectively.

I'd definitely emphasize that you are the world's ONLY LAB OFFERING REVERSAL PRINTS FROM B&W REVERSAL IN 2008. Thank you for the stressing ! As a matter of fact I'd love to have such business. At the time being it is dead calm. It's a cinch and it is not !

How can a movie producer, I ask, not have his production shot chemically and not in 35 or 65 ? To have cooperation with us lab people is social, teaching, is such a joy. About a year ago there was a private man here who had an Arriflex II C overhauled in München, then started with Orwo UN 54, viewed my "muster" in projection, bought himself a Steenbeck 6000, you know, and so on. Unfortunately, he had to interrupt production. It's almost a wrap for us now . . .

Hi Simon, I heard also you might be producing stainless steel spirals for processing, r they available yet?

cheers

richardson

Hello, Karl

Yes, any stock after every desired formula in every process in lengths up to 100 foot; 500 ft. and 1000 ft. in preparation

Push or pull development almost endless, i. e. if you desire to plague a given piece of film, I'll do that. Since the baths are of natural temperature but never under 20 degrees Celsius I change the times. The tolerances are barely measurable. When I put a test strip under the densitometer to compare values I rather compare differences in chemical developer composition than of my work.

Prenoted footage, minimum 48 hours in advance, can be treated like 100 feet every half hour (to negative). Reversal development time is one hour, mostly we have Fomapan R. One foot of 35mm film developed to negative costs Swiss Franc --.64, same in 16 is --.48, no matter what changes you demand. Reversing is --.83 and --.54, respectively.

I'd definitely emphasize that you are the world's ONLY LAB OFFERING REVERSAL PRINTS FROM B&W REVERSAL IN 2008. Thank you for the stressing ! As a matter of fact I'd love to have such business. At the time being it is dead calm. It's a cinch and it is not !

How can a movie producer, I ask, not have his production shot chemically and not in 35 or 65 ? To have cooperation with us lab people is social, teaching, is such a joy. About a year ago there was a private man here who had an Arriflex II C overhauled in München, then started with Orwo UN 54, viewed my "muster" in projection, bought himself a Steenbeck 6000, you know, and so on. Unfortunately, he had to interrupt production. It's almost a wrap for us now . . .