Wide angle Super Baltar on a Konvas 1M or 2M?

Donald Riley

I recently bought a 28mm Cooke Speed Panchro lens to see if I could put an OCT18 mount on it. When I got it, I realized that it wouldn't clear the mirror on my Konvas 1M. Would a wide angle Super Baltar be the same? Also I was wondering if there were lenses that would clear the mirror on a Konvas 2M and not on a Konvas 1M, i.e. are they exactly the same in that respect?

I recently bought a 28mm Cooke Speed Panchro lens to see if I could put an OCT18 mount on it. When I got it, I realized that it wouldn't clear the mirror on my Konvas 1M. Would a wide angle Super Baltar be the same? Also I was wondering if there were lenses that would clear the mirror on a Konvas 2M and not on a Konvas 1M, i.e. are they exactly the same in that respect?

Konvas-1, 1M, 2M cameras must have lenses with distance from rear glass up to film surface 13 mm and more.

Konvas-1, 1M cameras can have wide angle lenses

OKS-1-16-1

OKS-1-18-1 angle of view 76 degree,

OKS-1-22-1

RO-70 22 mm

• Premium Member

I don't know much about the commie cams. I can tell you that there are a group of lenses that were made to run on Mitchell rack-over cameras. They have full barrels in the back and can't clear any mirror reflex camera. You'll have to learn how to spot those first and foremost. Stephen Williams has the low-down on all that. He might be able to tell you what of the reflex ready lenses will remount and clear the Konvas mirror. Raf Camera seems to know a lot about it and offers info on their information only site. Konvas.org might be of help but I keep getting lost in their site as well as search device. I've got a Cooke SPII 75mm. It's a nice old lens. Good luck with it.