fuji 500D

chirantan_das

Has anybody any experience of using fuji 500D for night shoot, both exterior and interior? This will be shot on anamorphic to end up in print. The aim is to have a nice overall warm look with high contrast lighting.I will be doing a test shortly.Any tips, experience or any reference to other films will be a great help.(This will NOT go through DI)

• Premium Member

A daylight balance film may render tungsten building lighting and sodium vapor street lighting just a bit TOO warm. Have you compared tungsten and daylight balance films to see which gives the "look" you want?

Certainly, KODAK VISION2 500T Color Negative Film would be the usual choice here today. But seeing the recent demo of how well the new KODAK VISION2 250D handles underexposure, it may be worth a try if you definitely want a daylight balance film.

Edited by John_P_Pytlak

check out the fuji website

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners...roduct=41075913

you can view a demo video and also order a demo dvd from them that will help you choose what stock to use.

You can also get a dvd from Kodak but you have to call them. I think kodak would do good to offer the dvd on the student cinematography page.

Anyway. I am in the process or doing my own test shots of all of kodak and fuji films under different conditions.

In the very near future I am going to start a website to promote my work and it will also include samples of all the film stocks. Note it will take some time to test all the stocks due to time and money but about once a month I will update the site with new samples and short works that I've done.

Right now I just got my first shipment of 10 rolls of the 16mm fuji 250d that I am going to test and do short on.

I myself am a kodak man. Coming form a background of 10 years of amature photography and now current photography student, soon to be cinematography student.

The only thing that sucks is that my current school wants to go all digital.

Anthony

• Premium Member

"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" was all shot on Fuji 500D and it has a lot of low-light night scenes. Anyway, I'm sure you are aware that tungsten sources will render very warm, orangey.

It's a slightly lower-contrast stock and is grainier than Fuji F-500T and Kodak 5279.

If you really want a daylight-balance for night photography, another option is the new Kodak 5205 (Vision-2 250D) pushed one stop.