Best Dressed Grip

David Rakoczy

Bouncing between Fox and CNN preparing for the VP debate tonight and I watched what has got to be the best dressed Grip I have ever seen. He was in a Tux!... Makita and Zip Screws in one hand... Two 1/4 apple Boxes in the other.. he then began rigging those Boxes to the Floor.... Man, he looked sharp! :lol:

Edited by David Rakoczy

I actually remember -years ago- being asked to dress "nice" -not show black- but "nice" for a live show that I was working. Obviously I had to change immediately as my "nice" clothes were about to be trashed. So, there are some weird producers out there . . .

Maybe the producers asked him to wear it so he wouldn't "stand out" on camera... I can just imagine getting the memo - "Crew must all wear black tuxedos, no exceptions."

That is really common for union shows. There are different types of clothing you can wear on show site, show day, show night, and build/striking. There are shows where you must wear a tux or a nice dress suite; one only hopes that we don't have to work in them though.

Maybe the producers asked him to wear it so he wouldn't "stand out" on camera..-Satsuki

Well I doubt he wore it on his own.. ;)

It was just funny to see Mr. Tuxedo with a Makita and a couple 1/4 Apples...

I am imagining him straightening his Bow-Tie every time he jumps off the Tailgate :lol:

..don't scuff your shows releasing the Dolly Brake!

...got a couple C-47s in your Cumberbun?

Edited by David Rakoczy

• 4 months later...