Camera report for the RED

• Premium Member

I'm on a feature right now with a RED. I took my usual video c amera report wiht me but it occurred to me that knowing the timecode ins and outs aren't all that helpful with everything broken into different files.

I made this camera report to fix the situation. I replaced the TC IN and TC OUT fields with "Reel #" and "Clip #." These two numbers make up part of the camera generated file names so this allows post to easily correlate scene and take numbers with file names.

It's formatted in two columns on a landscape oriented sheet of paper. If you fold it in half, it fits nicely on the back of a slate.

The report is available as a PDF or as a .doc so you can type the top half in before you print it to save you or your second AC time on set. I made the file in NeoOffice; I hope the formatting will hold up when brought into MS Word.

Just do a "save linked file as":

PDF Version

.DOC Version

Edited by Chris Keth

• 4 months later...
  • Premium Member
Any chance of this going back online? Thanks in advance Chris!

Yeah, I could do that. I cleaned out my uploaded folders. I'll PM you when it's back up and I'll just post new links in this thread.

• Premium Member
I think it'd also be a good idea to include a place to write in the camera settings, etc. as well. Just a square for ASA, Resolution (4K, 2K, etc.) and whatever else you guys can come up with that might be useful to the production while going into post prod.

I usually just do that in the comments section for the first shot and only write more if it changes, we over crank or something like that. I haven't done anything with the red yet where the setting are changed a lot so the necessity hasn't hit, I guess.